Take apart your 360, disconnect the sata cable that connects your 360 motherboard to your dvd drive. Insert the slax cd into your dvd drive, and shutdown your computer. Connect a sata cable from your computer to your 360 dvd drive, start up your pc.
It has been thought that if you power your dvd drive with your 360 it logs e64, which might be a deciding factor in banning modified consoles. Try using a x connect kit or similar aftermarket product to power your 360. Or a xbox 360 banned console.
Power your dvd drive, either with 360, or a connectivity kit. Turn on your computer and boot up slax, while it is scrolling text I had luck with opening the drive up. Some people donít do it, but I find it helps. Once you hit the login screen, turn your computer off.
Check and see if your in mode b.
Takes two presses of the eject button to get the drive to open, and if you press it again it should close but open a few moments later. Once you see it doing that press the eject button 3 times to close it and keep it closed.
Remove the slax cd from your computer, and restart your computer. Eject your dvd drive a few times so windows will recognize the drive. Once you get to windows check and see if you see your 360 dvd drive in the drive list. If so your good to go, if not try restarting windows and opening your drive quite a few times (I just keep opening and closing it almost until it boots to windows).
Now you will want to open up FIRMWARE TOOLBOX.
Firmware toolbox firmware installation :
- Launch Fw Toolbox and Go to "Tools->Direct Drive Dump"
- Put in a dvd movie or 360 game. Remember to press the eject button 3 times to keep the drive closed.
- Press the button "RAW Dump Firmware As ..." and choose the file name and location of it. (We suggest call it original.bin) and keep it on safe place because you could need it on the future if ever need restoring it.
- If everything goes fine the reading will start and after a few seconds a windows asking if u want to check the checksum will appear, Choose YES
- If the checksum check DOES NOT PASS then stop your installation that could be sign of a poor wire connection or a NO Compatible sata chipset. Try on another PC.
- If the checksum PASS then will ask you if you want to open, choose YES.
- Now the Main Window Will show you the details of the firmware as the fw version, key information, checksum, etc.
- Now go to "Tools->Smart Hack Patcher", a window warning will appear, choose OK.
- Choose the output file name, we suggest calling it final.bin and save it on same location as the original. On the Rule set option should be selected automatically the needed for your version.
- Push "Generate File" button, if everything goes fine the file will be generated almost instantly, after that will ask you if you want to open it Choose Yes.
- Now the Main Window will show the generated file (final.bin), go to "Tools->Direct Drive Flash->Differential Flash Patch"
- Make sure the Hitachi drive u want to flash is selected, now press the button "Read Drive and Detect Differences", after a few seconds the sectors list below the button should be populated.
- Press the "Start Flashing" button and after a few seconds the thing is done you can shutdown everything and start testing the drive on the console.