Published byX_Splinter on 2012-03-20 Category: Firmware | Page Views: 11321
1. Extract the three files "rootfs", "uImage" & "xkey.cfg"
2. Open xkey.cfg with Notepad (or any text editor) and configure it if needed.
2.1 Add the three files to the root folder of a Flash Drive or HDD. (Make sure to "eject" the drive properly from the PC, it may otherwise cause corrupt files)
3. Connect the Flash drive or HDD to your xk3y remote and wait for the xk3y to start the update.
3.1 The remote OLED will now display "UPDATING - PLEASE WAIT" for about 60 seconds. (Do not turn off your XB360 or disconnect the remote while updating)
4. Once the update is completed, the OLED will display "UPDATE COMPLETE - RESET XBOX" Reboot your xbox and the xk3y should now be updated to the latest firmware.
5. That's it! Continue to enjoy using xk3y with the new features!
NOTE! If you use the same drive as you store games on to do the update with, then its recommended (not needed) to remove the "rootfs", "uImage" & "xkey.cfg" from the root of your drive after a firmware update. Since keeping them there will cause the xk3y to check the files if they are a newer firmware version then stored on your xk3y micro SD card, and because of that take longer time for your HDD to be recognized.
Check the video tutorial if you still have any problems:
Minecraft is Coming to Xbox Game Pass in April Microsoft has announced that Minecraft is making its way to Xbox Game Pass (@XboxGamePass) next month.Xbox Game Pass members will soon be able to create and explore their very own world where the only..