Published byX_Splinter on 2009-09-17 Category: Firmware | Page Views: 13546
This tutorial will explain the steps for flashing a Benq drive with DosFlash32 (gui)
360-Hq.Com and it's staff DO NOT and WILL NOT take responsibility for users who damage their own equipment in any way, shape or form.
1. Things You Need:
1.1. A Benq drive
1.2. VIA SATA Card or a compatible one
1.5. Ixtreme firmware (currently 1.6 is the latest)
Now follow the steps below:
1. connect the sata cable to your benq drive in the xbox360 to your sata port on your via card.(Kept your xbox in contact with you PC)
(If you have a connectivity kit better)
2. turn on your pc and press f2 at startup to go into your bios and turn off all sata port in your computer except for the sata port that is connected to your main hdd with winxp in it
(Ignore this if you dont have any other SATA drives connected, but always remove your PC dvd drive cable even if it is not SATA)
3. turn off your pc and turn it on again, once winxp is finish booting up turn on your xbox 360.
4. start dosflash32 and it will ask you a question, choose yes and turn off your xbox360, now count to 5 and turn your xbox360 on again and the dosflash32 gui will pop up.
6. choose read for flash task and click read flash and it will ask you where to save your firmware. save it either to your ixtreme fast or quiet folder and name the file orig.bin.
Dosflash32 should finish ripping you the original firmware. it should be 256kb. after it finish getting the original firmware turn off your xbox360
7. now go into either your fast or quiet folder and click the make ixtreme firmware.cmd and now you should have a new file in the folder called benq-ix.bin
8. turn on your xbox360, open up dosflash32 and it will ask you a question, choose yes, turn off your 360, count to 5 and turn it on and the dosflash32 gui should pop up now. choose write in the flash task. click read flash and go to where your benq-ix.bin and choose it. it will started flashing the hacked ixtreme.
Red Dead Redemption II Released Late October Any release by Rockstar Games is cause for celebration in the gaming community, but Red Dead Redemption II (RDRII) deserves a party fit for a king. Players expect the developers to come through like t..