On this release I am including a missing file that was causing
problems to users that used the option of the external flashers
mainly users with drives 59 and older, none 78 users complain
HATS NEW ON V3.1b:
- Added: Missing File was causing troubles to users with
- Added: Hitachi Xtreme 1.7 (Disc Jitter Fix)
- Added: Smart Hack Patcher now works for all Production Drives
V40 thru v79
- Added: Correctly show and handle of keys for Hit79 drives
- Corrected: Bug displaying Samsung FW as spoofed (display error)
- Corrected: Several other bugs
- Improved : Checksum checkup when dumping
- Added: OCX's included on the release (there are available on
Microsoft site anyway)
Source : http://xbins.org
For more information click on the Read more Button
The guys over at Xbox 360 Rally have done a fantastic job and gone to all the effort of writing up a Complete List of FREE Xbox 360 Live Marketplace Downloads..
Kudo's must go to the guys for putting in such a great effort..
Please remember that this is a US-based list! If you live in, say, Canada or the EU and see items on here that are region specific.
The Xbox LIVE Marketplace is a true cornucopia of stuff. Whether it be classic arcade games like Paperboy, Time Pilot and Contra, or downloadable content for your favorite games, like Santa Claus outfits for Saints Row and expansions for Oblivion, Xbox LIVE is chock full o’ stuff for just about everyone. If you have the MS Points, you can open the door to all the world’s delight and joy.
But what if you’re broke? Are you just left outside in the snow, to stare in the window from behind the bushes to see all the joyous boys and girls playing with their horse armor and their extra Crackdown skins? Of course not! There’s stuff for you, too, cheap ass!
In fact, there is a LOT of free stuff for you. Whether it be extra content for your favorite game, or the most worthless of things (*coughgamerpicscough*), there is a surprisingly large amount of free stuff for your downloading delight on Xbox LIVE.
Team XeDEV have just released their new homebrew Xbox360 dashboard with FTP support and many more features.
You might be wondering why it's XeDEV who are releasing this.. Since some people left the team, they don't want to retain the "freexex" name anymore. Also changed the name to XeXmenu (this is because XeXLoader is now much more of a menu than just a loader). So enjoy the new stuff :
- Gametitle extraction from NXEART if possible (toggle)
- Games with more than just one XEX will show up multiple times
* Embedded FTP Server to transfer your stuff directly from your computer
- Use xbox:xbox@ip:21
* Use FTP to read/write/delete your onboard flash
- Only user flash/flash is able to do that!
* Support for all found XEX files. Not just default.xex (toggle)
* Shows the content of any GAMES folder on any device
- Use GAMES, APPLICATIONS, EMULATORS for auto discovery menu on each device
* Switch between games/apps/emus in the discovery menu using RB/LB
* Auto scale skins for most resolutions (toggle)
* Different help screens for each menu
* Use DPad to switch between devices while browsing files
* Xbox1 compatibility partition support (if exists)
- Xbox1 partition known as "HddX"
* Alphanumeric listing for files
* No more XEX auto patching when copying DVDs
* Manual XEX patching for freeBOOT users
* Configuration menu
* Real XBox save system for the configuration
- Gamesave known as "Unkown Xbox Game"
* Chose between different skins from the configuration menu
* Support for own skins
* many more things we can't remember
Press "BACK" for detailed help pages!
Note: If you only get a black screen on startup try to delete the XeXmenu savegame known as "Unknown Xbox Game" using system tab in dash.
There are some issues with the FTP upload speed for some people at the moment. We're still working on that. This will be fixed in further releases!
Looks like there is a new rock god on the Guitar Hero block.. A bot getting 100% (FC) on Through the Fire and Flames with a final score of 983,802.
A video has recently been posted on youtube of a bot (robot) which can be programmed to play all Guitar Hero Songs 100% in expert mode even using the whammy bar to help maximize it's score. Not a simple task for your average human!
Check out the video below of the bot playing "Through the Fire and Flames" and getting 100%.
For those that don't know, a bot (short for robot) is a device/program that will automatically play Guitar Hero based on how it was programmed. This bot was made by modifying an Xbox 360 controller and wiring it up to a microcontroller.
Frequently Asked Questions Q: How long did it take to build this and get it working? A: I had something functional (see last video) in around 1 week. To get this fully working, it took around 2 months of working on it on and off.
Q: What system is this for? A: This is for the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero 3 (although untested, it will most likely work for GH1 and GH2 also)
Q: Do you play on Xbox Live? A: I have an Xbox Live account however I have NO plans on taking this bot on there just for the sake of cheating the high scores.
Q: Why would you build this to cheat?
A: The challenge of this project was making a Guitar Hero playing robot, which I assure you was anything but easy. The point was not to cheat, but to build a functioning robot, at which I feel I have succeeded.
Q: How did you get this bot? A: I built it.
Q: What does the robot look like?
A: A high quality video will be posted when I get off my lazy ass.
A lot of people have requested I make a video of the bot doing The Devil Went Down To Georgia. I would be willing to make this video, however, I would need a copy of the note chart for this song. Because it is DLC, I can't get a copy off the DVD of the game. If anyone has access to their Xbox 360 Hard Drive and is willing to send me the file I need, please private message me. The file I need is most likely called "tdwdtg.mid.qb.xen" or "tdwdtg_song.pak.xen" or something similar.
Click the read more link to view the additional video
The latest version of our FREE 360-HQ Xbox LIVE Desktop Gadget is now available for download. Registered 360-HQ.COM members can now make their selection from over 15 different Xbox LIVE gamercard styles to display on their desktop. If you're not already a HQ member sign up for free and get your gamerscore tracked!
The 360-HQ.COM Desktop Gadget for Windows 7, Windows VISTA and WINDOWS 8 allows you to embed one of our custom Xbox LIVE Gamercards directly on your desktop/sidebar. The newest version (v0.5) now features the latest Xbox 360 News.
What's New/Fixed v0.4:
- Windows 8 users must download DesktopGadgets
- Latest Xbox 360 News Displays below Gamercard
- Multi-Tabbed News Feed Integration Started (not implemented)
- more coming soon
How to Install:
1. Download the file "360-HQ_Desktop_Gadget_v0.5.zip" to your computer
2. Unzip the Desktop Gadget onto your desktop using winzip or winrar.
3. Double click the .gadget installer to start the install.
4. When the popup occurs you must click "yes" to install
5. Once it has installed and is now displayed on your desktop click on the settings icon (the spanner)
6. Enter your Xbox LIVE gamertag
7. Now choose the style of Xbox LIVE Gamercard to display.
Just remember, if you don't like our desktop gadget you can easily uninstall it at anytime.
WINDOWS 8 USERS:
Gadgets are still available in Windows 8 but you must first follow Team Window 8's simple tutorial to get them to work. You can view the Windows 8 Gadget tutorial here.
Our new Xbox LIVE Gamercards can be embedded anywhere you like and are updated constantly.
360-HQ currently features the following gamercards: Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Homefront, The Sims 3, and Rock Band 3 with many more to be added this week. (check out the attached picture)
Rockstar Games is proud to announce the massive downloadable upgrade and content pack for Midnight Club: Los Angeles. The content will be available early next year for the Xbox 360.
The "South Central Upgrade Map" provides players with a whole new area of the city, about one-third the size of the original map, and will be available for free. This area features L.A. landmarks such as Exposition Park, the USC campus, Shrine Auditorium, Crenshaw Plaza, and the L.A. Memorial Coliseum and stretches south to the 105 Freeway.
In addition to the free new city area, players will be able to purchase the "South Central Content Pack" which includes new character competitions, races, cars and music available in a single complete package. The new vehicles include a variety of cars and a motorcycle. Also making an appearance for the first time in Midnight Club: Los Angeles will be SUVs, a longtime favorite of the series' fans.
GEARS 5 XBOX Digital Pre-order Available Now GEARS 5 is now available for digital pre-order and pre-download on Xbox One.From one of gamingâ€™s most acclaimed sagas, Gears is bigger than ever, with five thrilling modes and the deepest campaign y..