Developed by Team Bondi in Australia, L.A. Noire is a noir-style detective thriller for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
A dark silhouette appears at the end of the alley, and slowly moves toward you as you wait in silent anticipation. The figure is framed by the thin light managing to filter through the dark fog. The streets of Los Angeles are not a welcoming sight at this hour. You pull your hat a little lower, obscuring your appearance from this anonymous informant. He may be on your side, but you aren't taking any chances with a murderer on the loose. You move your hand just the slightest bit and the glint off your revolver finally catches your visitor's eye. He stops dead and you smile. You've got him where you want him, but will he offer up the information you need to solve these heinous crimes? There's only one way to find out.
Experience the thrill of classic detective action with the chill of film noir graphics and themes in L.A. Noire. You'll walk the streets of a perfectly re-created post-war Los Angeles, experiencing the city without freeways, Starbucks or designer dogs. Enjoy this view of 1940's L.A. as you track a heinous murderer committing a series of gruesome brutalities. The drugs, corruption and jazz of this classic decade permeate the storyline and provide an immersive experience you aren't soon to forget. With the open-ended design, you are the only one in charge of your destiny. Will your actions result in a murderer behind bars or will you succumb to corruption and vice?
- Film noir theme offers a look back at this classic dark genre
- Open-ended challenge lets you control your own fate
- Solve multiple gruesome murders in this interactive detection game to make the streets safe again
- Realistic graphics re-create the Los Angeles of the 1940's
- Incorporates classic elements of film noir with intense graphics and a storyline that includes drugs, corruption and iconic jazz