All ESPN Programming now available on Xbox LIVEPublished by forahobby on Monday, November 19, 2012
Tagged: Gaming, Live Marketplace, Xbox 360, Xbox Live,
Microsoft announced today that ESPN on Xbox now includes all of ESPN's live network programming through WatchESPN including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Buzzer Beater and Goal Line.
Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers can watch all their favorite sports and shows live, including SportsCenter, SportsNation and the Mike and Mike Show, as well as ESPN’s coverage of the NFL, including Monday Night Football, MLB and the NBA.ESPN on Xbox, now powered by WatchESPN, offers the following features:
- My Sports. ESPN on Xbox allows you to choose your favorite sports and teams and designate these channels as “My Sports,” so you can jump directly into the games and content you care most about. ESPN on Xbox will automatically provide you with a personalized daily feed of live events, news and highlights based on “My Sports,” catching you up on only the teams and sports you care most about.
- Mini Guide. The mini-guide gives you a preview and quick access to all the sports content you care about right at the bottom of the screen. This fall it is all about football, and now the best fans don’t have to miss anything. Is another game tied up late in the fourth quarter? Instantly switch to that game. Halftime? Play the earlier highlights.
- Split Screen. Because true sports fans want to watch more than one game at a time, ESPN on Xbox has a split screen, allowing you to watch two events at once. Watch live events on both screens or a live event on one while you catch up on news and highlights on the other. You can even control both screens independently, pausing and rewinding each separately so you never miss a second of the action.
- Gesture Control and Voice Control with Kinect for Xbox 360. Focus on your team instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the content guide, skip to the next highlight, or play, pause, and rewind that big play…all with the wave of your hand or the sound of your voice.
- Reminders. Too many big games to keep track of in your head? Not to worry – ESPN on Xbox now lets you tag games and set reminders so you never miss a moment.
- Interactive ESPN BottomLine. The ESPN BottomLine keeps you in the know with breaking news and score updates from around the world of sports. Xbox has added interactive functionality that raises the bar for fans everywhere, with live alerts and the capability to jump to different sports or skip to the next story.
Also, beginning in December, Xbox SmartGlass experiences for ESPN, NBA and SportsPicks will be available on the platform.
You will need Xbox LIVE Gold and an EPSN participating affiliate
to use the app. The FAQ on ESPN.com
has additional details.
( Subscribe via