Gambling has finally caught up with the Xbox… For a full review of our favourite Xbox Games click here. >>Prominence poker<< Plus others!
Xbox Casino Games
November 22, 2005 will forever remain to be a significant date in the gaming calendar. The Xbox 360 took the current console generation by storm to become one of the latest gaming crazes worldwide. By capitalizing on some of the weakness displayed by Sony’s PlayStation 2, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 managed to leapfrog its main competition in sales and hype, raking in millions of dollars for the company and changing the course of how we shall forever be playing games.
But genuinely speaking, you can never play hype, this is a fact that every avid player knows and Xbox’s launch lineup was inferior, at best. Thankfully, so much has changed since then, more so with the advancement of technology and the development of online casino portals. There are now plenty of websites to choose from; games that can be played from the different servers straight from our devices such as the IGT free slots – No download and No registration among many other features.
Thanks to this, avid casino players, who also happen to own Xbox consoles can now choose games that best suit their needs to continue playing from the comfort of their homes.
Microsoft’s catalog of casino titles has increased significantly since the first console was sold to include some amazing and entertaining casino games. For the full rundown of some of our top Xbox games, check out the gallery below.
The all new Alltel Texas Hold 'em Challenge has been announced to start June 15 to July 12, 2007..
Do you know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em? Can you go "all in" with the bluff and take the big pot? Now you can win big just by playing Texas Hold 'em in Xbox LIVE® Arcade!
The "Xbox LIVE Alltel Texas Hold 'em Challenge" runs from June 15 to July 12, 2007, and each day you play online counts as an entry into the sweepstakes. One hundred winners will receive great prizes like a new Xbox 360™ Elite, Microsoft Points, or a set of poker chips.
Register your gamertag at http://www.xbox.com/alltelpoker before July 12 and then go online and play a multiplayer game of Texas Hold 'em to enter. You'll receive one sweepstakes entry for each day you play.
One hundred winners will receive great prizes like a new Xbox 360 Elite, a set of poker chips, or Microsoft points.
Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone after the drawing on July 23 and the winners list will be posted on Xbox.com. For complete information on the different ways to enter the contest as well as a complete list of prizes, check out the official rules.
The Play & Win promotions from Xbox.com are an easy way to jump in and interact with the Xbox Live community. It's easy to enter and you could win some great prizes. Look for more exciting Play & Win promotions in the future!
This week on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays we offer a full-featured update to one of the most popular titles on the service – Texas Hold ‘em.
We’ve listened to our community and as a result, a host of features and improvements have been added to Texas Hold ‘em to speed up game-play, eliminate cheating and ensure proper competition. As a result, the online multi-player leaderboards will be reset to eliminate the inflated scores that currently appear. In a future update in early 2007, we’ll be adding Xbox Live Vision Camera support as well.
The update will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 beginning Wednesday, November 29, after 0800 GMT (1:00 a.m. PST).
Below is a full list of the new features and changes in the Texas Hold ’em update:
- Game-play has been sped up:
- Post the blind and play right away! – Players can now, if they wish, start playing immediately when joining a table by posting the big blind, rather than having to wait for the blind to come to them.
New ‘Away’ mode – Players can now set their status to ‘Away’. Hands will be auto-folded and blinds auto-posted until the player returns.
- New ‘Auto-boot’ mode – Players who continuously let the timer expire (more than three times in a game) will be booted from the table
- Faster overall pacing – Timers and messaging durations have been adjusted to speed up game-play among experienced players, but still allow novice players plenty of time to play.
- Improved blind structure – Initial blinds, as well as blind increases, are now more proportional to table stakes, ensuring more meaningful increases during game-play.
- Matchmaking improvements – Players are no longer matched into games they cannot afford
- Improved interface controls – Improvements to controls, such as increasing/decreasing stake amounts
- Leaderboard display – A player’s full winnings and rank are now properly displayed
- Art and text improvements – Game art and spelling issues have been addressed
- Online exploits addressed – Certain known exploits that enabled cheating have been addressed. As a result, the online multi-player leaderboards will be reset to eliminate inflated scores as a result of these exploits.
Those wondering if EA's behemoth could remove Halo 2 as the all time top game, you can quit worrying now as Halo 2 is still the most played game on Xbox Live. Texas Hold'em is not only the top XBLA game, but as you can see it also placed on the top 10 Overall Xbox 360 titles.
Microsoft have detailed the titles due for release via Xbox Live in the forthcoming weeks, revealing in the process, the drop date of the much anticipated Lumines Live!
Xbox Live Wednesdays are set to continue into August and September, with Pac-Man and ther previously announced Texas Hold 'Em poker leading the way.
Lesser known titles, Time Pilot and Scramble are soon to follow with Lumines kicking off September in fine fashion. The highly addictive Lumines Live! puts a next-gen twist on the familiar puzzle title with its in-game 'skins' - acting as background to the block busting action, the 360 version will offer popular music videos as the backdrop to your play. With an initial number included on purchase and more to follow, again over Xbox Live, in the Artist Pack.