|Arcade racer Slipstream launches on Xbox, PS4|5 & Nintendo Switch!Published by forahobby on Friday, April 08, 2022
Tagged: Gaming, Live Marketplace, Xbox Live, Xbox One,
Spanish indie publisher Blitworks (@BlitWorks) has confirmed that Slipstream from Brazilian solo developer Sandro Luiz de Paula (ANSDOR) is now available for Xbox, PlayStation 4|5 and Nintendo Switch at a price of 9.99 USD | 8.99 EUR.
Slipstream has been in the making during 4 years by Brazilian solo developer Sandro Luiz de Paula (ansdor), who built his own custom game
engine that recreates the sprite scaling graphic techniques used on 80s and 90s racing games to bring the real, authentic retro experience to modern hardware, taking advantage of the extra power to provide smooth, constant 60 FPS gameplay.
The combination of the colorful pixel art graphics with a soundtrack that draws from synth pop and jazz fusion influences by Stefan Moser, aka Effoharkay, sets the tone for a race across a variety of exotic locations from all around the world, including cities, deserts, forests, mountains and beaches. Drifting, rewinding and slipstreaming mechanics add depth to the driving gameplay, and the result is a strategic, challenging and exciting experience.
- The real thing: Built on a custom engine, Slipstream brings authentic 2D sprite-scaling graphics to modern platforms.
- Multiplayer: Local split-screen fun, up to 4 players!
- Time rewinding: Made a mistake? Press the rewind button to travel back in time for up to 5 seconds and try again.
- 20 Different tracks: Set on a variety of exotic locations all around the world... and beyond.
- 5 Playable cars: Inspired by classic models from the 80s and 90s.
- Accessibility Options: There are 3 difficulty levels to choose from, some visual effects can be turned off and, most importantly, the game speed can be reduced up to 50%, giving players more time to react, but keeping the game physics exactly the same.
- 6 Game modes:
- Grand Tour: Scenic trip through five stages, with rival racers to beat and branching paths to choose.
- Cannonball: Freely customizable race mode with optional traffic, rivals and other racers.
- Grand Prix: Championship mode composed of five races, with season scores and optional car customization.
- Single Race: Simple race mode, with customizable settings.
- Time Trial, a solo race against time.
- Battle Royale, an elimination endurance race mode.
- 5 Car models, each with its own specs and playstyle.
- Original soundtrack with 9 exclusive songs by Stefan Moser (Effoharkay) .
- Graphical Options: Including Pixelated, CRT and NTSC filters, for a faithful retro experience.
- And much more: Mechanics such as drifting and the slipstream, rival characters and secrets to discover...
Slipstream is available today on #Xbox, #PS4|5 & #NintendoSwitch!
To keep up with all the latest Xbox One Series X|S and Xbox One news, release dates and updates, follow @XONEHQ on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, download the free XBOX app for Android or subscribe via email and rss. News Source: XBOXONE-HQ.COM
( Subscribe via
Wednesday, May 18
| Destiny 2 Osiris Trials Explained|
| Sonic Origins heading to consoles and PC on J|
Tuesday, May 17
| New Sniper Elite 5 Trailer Brings Weapons And|
| Free Precision Farming DLC + Content Update F|
Monday, May 16
| SEGA Delists Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, Sonic 3|
| The Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Major eSports Co|
Friday, May 13
| No More Heroes 3 arrives in 2022 on Xbox Play|
| 'Game Type DX' Announced For Xbox, PlayStatio|
Thursday, May 12
| Coherence Secures Investment For Groundbreaki|
Wednesday, May 11
| 'Bloodhound' is heading to Xbox and PC later |
| Ultraviolent Cyberpunk FPS “Turbo Overkill” s|
Tuesday, May 10
| 'Winter Ember' launches for Xbox One and Xbox|
Monday, May 09
| Demolish & Build 3 announced for Xbox One & X|
Friday, May 06
| Skater XL: Tampa Pro Esports Contest to be li|
Thursday, May 05
| Paper Cut Mansion coming to Console and PC in|
| SOEDESCO expands with new office in Madrid, S|
Wednesday, May 04
| Swordship Is Heading To Xbox, PlayStation, Sw|
Tuesday, May 03
| Barton Lynch Pro Surfing 2022 confirmed for X|
| Moo Lander Releases May 27th on Xbox, PlaySta|
Monday, May 02
| All in! Games Appoints Marcin Kawa as the New|
Friday, April 29
| Source of Madness drops for Xbox, PlayStation|
Thursday, April 28
| Hello Neighbor 2 Now Available To Pre-order F|
| Gigapocalypse Smashes Launches June 2nd On Co|
Wednesday, April 27
| GUNDAM EVOLUTION hits Series X|S, Xbox One, P|
Tuesday, April 26
| Deliver Us The Moon Coming to Next-Gen Consol|
| Warhammer 40,000: Darktide launches this Sept|
Monday, April 25
| Deliver Us Mars confirmed for Xbox Series X|S|
Friday, April 22
| Dungeon Defenders: Going Rogue Confirmed for |
| The Outbound Ghost coming in 2022 on Xbox, Pl|
Thursday, April 21
| Cursed to Golf Swings Its Way to XBOX, Ninten|
See All Xbox 360 News | Xbox 360 News Archive