HQ NETWORKXbox One | Xbox | InstallerDeluxe.Com 2,058 HQ Network UsersHQ Network: 2,058 | Members OnlineGuests: 927 |Guests OnlineMembers: 3

Xbox 360 Forums
Get involved in our Xbox 360 forum discussions..
360-HQ.COM :: This console jtaggable?
This console jtaggable?
360-HQ.COM Forum Index -> Xbox 360 Newbie Forums
Post new topic Reply to topic    
 This console jtaggable? View previous topic :: View next topic  
 
 
 
 
halofan102
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jan 17, 2013
Posts: 451
Location: Murica
XP: 18,192

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:55 pm   
Post subject: This console jtaggable?
Reply with quote
 
My friend let me borrow his xbox 360 arcade to decide if I want to buy it,

I went into the system info and saw this number for the dashboard.

2.0.8955.0

I think if it has more than 4 digits like 7371, then it can't be jtagged.

So is my friend's console too new? Is there an easy way to downgrade the dashboard without soldering?

Thanks all


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
LegendaryFire
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Posts: 840
Location: Canada
XP: 55,778

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:09 am   
Post subject: Re: This console jtaggable?
Reply with quote
 
halofan102 wrote:
My friend let me borrow his xbox 360 arcade to decide if I want to buy it,

I went into the system info and saw this number for the dashboard.

2.0.8955.0

I think if it has more than 4 digits like 7371, then it can't be jtagged.

So is my friend's console too new? Is there an easy way to downgrade the dashboard without soldering?

Thanks all


Regardless on how the console is modded, it will need to be soldered. The 8955 update is NOT exploitable with the JTAG hack, although it is exploitable with the RGH (Reset Glitch Hack). I would recommend the RGH hack, although the only down side to this hack is that it can take up to a minute to boot (if your very lucky, some boot in less than 5 seconds, depending on the motherboard).

Good luck with the modding and let me know how it goes! Smile

_________________________________________________________


You can contact me at: LegendaryFire -at- 360-HQ.com


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
halofan102
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jan 17, 2013
Posts: 451
Location: Murica
XP: 18,192

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:19 am   
Post subject: Re: This console jtaggable?
Reply with quote
 
LegendaryFire wrote:

Regardless on how the console is modded, it will need to be soldered. The 8955 update is NOT exploitable with the JTAG hack, although it is exploitable with the RGH (Reset Glitch Hack). I would recommend the RGH hack, although the only down side to this hack is that it can take up to a minute to boot (if your very lucky, some boot in less than 5 seconds, depending on the motherboard).

Good luck with the modding and let me know how it goes! Smile


Hi Legendary good to see ya!

I am trying to learn about the timeline of xbox updates. You mention the number 8xxx. Is my friend's 360 dashboard "2.0.8955.0" considered an 8xxx one after the 7xxx series?

Thanks


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
LegendaryFire
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Posts: 840
Location: Canada
XP: 55,778

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:45 am   
Post subject: Re: This console jtaggable?
Reply with quote
 
halofan102 wrote:
LegendaryFire wrote:

Regardless on how the console is modded, it will need to be soldered. The 8955 update is NOT exploitable with the JTAG hack, although it is exploitable with the RGH (Reset Glitch Hack). I would recommend the RGH hack, although the only down side to this hack is that it can take up to a minute to boot (if your very lucky, some boot in less than 5 seconds, depending on the motherboard).

Good luck with the modding and let me know how it goes! Smile


Hi Legendary good to see ya!

I am trying to learn about the timeline of xbox updates. You mention the number 8xxx. Is my friend's 360 dashboard "2.0.8955.0" considered an 8xxx one after the 7xxx series?

Thanks


That is correct, the higher the update number, the newer the update. Unfortunately your console is not JTAG exploitable, although it can be modded with the reset glitch hack. They both accomplish the same thing, but just a different method.

_________________________________________________________


You can contact me at: LegendaryFire -at- 360-HQ.com


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
halofan102
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jan 17, 2013
Posts: 451
Location: Murica
XP: 18,192

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:50 am   
Post subject: Re: This console jtaggable?
Reply with quote
 
LegendaryFire wrote:
halofan102 wrote:
LegendaryFire wrote:

Regardless on how the console is modded, it will need to be soldered. The 8955 update is NOT exploitable with the JTAG hack, although it is exploitable with the RGH (Reset Glitch Hack). I would recommend the RGH hack, although the only down side to this hack is that it can take up to a minute to boot (if your very lucky, some boot in less than 5 seconds, depending on the motherboard).

Good luck with the modding and let me know how it goes! Smile


Hi Legendary good to see ya!

I am trying to learn about the timeline of xbox updates. You mention the number 8xxx. Is my friend's 360 dashboard "2.0.8955.0" considered an 8xxx one after the 7xxx series?

Thanks


That is correct, the higher the update number, the newer the update. Unfortunately your console is not JTAG exploitable, although it can be modded with the reset glitch hack. They both accomplish the same thing, but just a different method.


I heard that the RGH will allow me to have separate "partitions" for my 360's xbox hard drive (or nand? not sure on terminology). One to be the unmodded section and the other to be the modded section. That way I could still go on xbox live.

This guy uses the term 'nand' frequently.

I understand that 'nand' has to do with flash or solid-state memory, but 360's use a regular HDD. Why do people speak of 'nands' with the 360 and modding?

Thanks again


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
Rodent
V.I.P. Lifetime





Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Posts: 90
Location: Detroit,MI.
XP: 5,312

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:40 am   
Post subject: Re: This console jtaggable?
Reply with quote
 
halofan102 wrote:
LegendaryFire wrote:
halofan102 wrote:
LegendaryFire wrote:

Regardless on how the console is modded, it will need to be soldered. The 8955 update is NOT exploitable with the JTAG hack, although it is exploitable with the RGH (Reset Glitch Hack). I would recommend the RGH hack, although the only down side to this hack is that it can take up to a minute to boot (if your very lucky, some boot in less than 5 seconds, depending on the motherboard).

Good luck with the modding and let me know how it goes! Smile


Hi Legendary good to see ya!

I am trying to learn about the timeline of xbox updates. You mention the number 8xxx. Is my friend's 360 dashboard "2.0.8955.0" considered an 8xxx one after the 7xxx series?

Thanks


That is correct, the higher the update number, the newer the update. Unfortunately your console is not JTAG exploitable, although it can be modded with the reset glitch hack. They both accomplish the same thing, but just a different method.


I heard that the RGH will allow me to have separate "partitions" for my 360's xbox hard drive (or nand? not sure on terminology). One to be the unmodded section and the other to be the modded section. That way I could still go on xbox live.

This guy uses the term 'nand' frequently.

I understand that 'nand' has to do with flash or solid-state memory, but 360's use a regular HDD. Why do people speak of 'nands' with the 360 and modding?

Thanks again


Nand is the onboard firmware that you dump from the motherboard! then modified to run homebrew. as it is performed in Jtag/RGH consoles

Jtag consoles 7371 and lower can be jtagged 8905 and up to 17150 on Zephyr, Falcon, Jasper Slim Trinity, Slim Corona, can be RGH. as for the new windbond motherboard. I believe you need the new CR4 chip to get it to rghed.

I recently done 3 jasper motherboards one being on 6717 , 7363 and 7371
being they were past 6/18/2009 they have been patched and can not be jtagged so they had to be RGH1 now to explain the difference

8905 to 14699 can be what they call RGH1 versions
14717 to 17150 are RGH2 the difference is little hard to bet rgh2 consoles to boot with good boot times. also the wiring is different. so if you plan to JTAG or RGH a console make sure you do your research first or ask around. I have done over 1000 consoles.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
LegendaryFire
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Posts: 840
Location: Canada
XP: 55,778

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:26 am   
Post subject: Re: This console jtaggable?
Reply with quote
 
halofan102 wrote:
LegendaryFire wrote:
halofan102 wrote:
LegendaryFire wrote:

Regardless on how the console is modded, it will need to be soldered. The 8955 update is NOT exploitable with the JTAG hack, although it is exploitable with the RGH (Reset Glitch Hack). I would recommend the RGH hack, although the only down side to this hack is that it can take up to a minute to boot (if your very lucky, some boot in less than 5 seconds, depending on the motherboard).

Good luck with the modding and let me know how it goes! Smile


Hi Legendary good to see ya!

I am trying to learn about the timeline of xbox updates. You mention the number 8xxx. Is my friend's 360 dashboard "2.0.8955.0" considered an 8xxx one after the 7xxx series?

Thanks


That is correct, the higher the update number, the newer the update. Unfortunately your console is not JTAG exploitable, although it can be modded with the reset glitch hack. They both accomplish the same thing, but just a different method.


I heard that the RGH will allow me to have separate "partitions" for my 360's xbox hard drive (or nand? not sure on terminology). One to be the unmodded section and the other to be the modded section. That way I could still go on xbox live.

This guy uses the term 'nand' frequently.

I understand that 'nand' has to do with flash or solid-state memory, but 360's use a regular HDD. Why do people speak of 'nands' with the 360 and modding?

Thanks again


Well, for starters; the nand (or commonly referred to as flash) is your internal memory (that can either be your onboard memory for game saves, DLC, etc & your consoles operating system, or just the operating system alone). Think of it as the storage device you cannot remove in your console. Also, the other thing it sounds like you've heard of is a dual-nand setup, which allows you to run both, unmodified & exploited versions of your console. This basically works with a physical switch that is set before your console starts up. Nice & simple.

As you may have noticed, your Xbox 360 will start up without the hard drive inserted in your console. This is because of the onboard memory discussed earlier. Your consoles operating system is not saved on your hard drive, but rather in your internal memory. Think of the Xbox 360 HDD like an external hard drive for your computer.

_________________________________________________________


You can contact me at: LegendaryFire -at- 360-HQ.com


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
Display posts from previous:   
  Post new topic  
 
  Reply to topic  
|
 All times are GMT | Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
 

 Members Online (3) / Guests Online (927)
Members Browsing
CarlosHart, RoyalU4538, ErnestoAge,

Legend
Administrator  Moderator  VIP Member  Registered User  Banned Users