Race Driver GRID Gets New DLCPublished by: wes213 on Thursday, December 04, 2008
Tagged: Gaming, Live Marketplace, Xbox 360,
Been some time since we have seen this game in the news but you can all rest easy knowing the game developers haven't forgot about it or you, and to prove the point here is a codemasters report giving you the full low down on this downloadable content thats available now.
Today, we are pleased to announce the release of the new downloadable '8-ball' premium content pack for Race Driver:GRID.
Available on both the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3, the '8-ball' pack will set you back a mere 800 Microsoft points and £6.29/$9.99/EUR7.99 from the Playstation Network. News regarding when the PC DLC is coming out will be available soon.
New featured cars include the McLaren F1 GTR, TVR Cerbera Speed 12, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Honda S2000, Nissan GT-R (S-G2008), VW Nardo, Pontiac Firebird Trans AM and the Volvo C30.
In addition to the cars, there are two new multiplayer events to compete in set on existing circuits from across Race Driver: GRID's three continents and designed to test drivers to their very limit online. On Xbox 360, the pack will also feature four new Achievements worth 25 points each to earn from four new competitive challenges including Jack Of All Trades, Drift Master, Gas Guzzler and Clean Passing.
THOSE “8 BALL” CARS IN FULL:
McLaren F1 GTR
– The McLaren F1 GTR wrote itself into the history books as the only GT car to ever win Le Mans outright in the modern era and is considered one of the finest examples of automotive engineering in history.
TVR Cerbera Speed 12
– The TVR 12 smashes past 60 MPH in just under 3 seconds. Production models were planned, but they were considered too powerful to sell to the general public.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
– For over a decade the Evo has been billed as a supercar slayer – now the Evo-X in GRID lets you unleash its sledgehammer aggression in the Pro-Tuned class.
– This roadster is heavily modified for drifting and has become a cult-favourite thanks to its award winning engine.
Nissan GT-R (S-G2008)
– One of the world’s hottest cars makes its debut in Race Driver: GRID in its fully tuned racing spec.
– This powerful concept car made real from VW uses its 600BHP engine to rocket to 60MPH in 3.1 seconds.
Pontiac Firebird Trans AM
– The 1971 racing edition of this true American legend is a worthy addition to GRID’s exclusive group of muscle cars.
– Adding to Race Driver: GRID’s touring car roster comes the C30, Volvo’s agile, cutting edge hot-hatch straight from the STCC grid.
Jack Of All Trades – Win an online race in each of the 8 Ball pack cars.
Drift Master - Achieve a 99x combo in the Honda S2000.
Gas Guzzler - Clock up over 250 miles in your favourite 8 Ball pack car.
Clean Passing - Win a clean race in an 8 Ball Pack car from last position.
360-Hq Game Database
: GRID: Racedriver