The world changed when Aziraal, the god of war, was slain in the huge battle long ago. The hordes of Orcs lost their divine leader and were forced to withdraw to the southern wastelands. Now, thousands of years later, the location of Aziraal's tomb is still unknown, well hidden by other gods who did not dare to entrust the secret to mere mortals.
However, now, a fragile peace between the civilized races and the hordes is at stake. When the dwarven mining expedition discovered an ancient temple dedicated to an unnamed deity - all of the world's most powerful factions saw it as a possible clue to the place of Azriaal's burial ground. A silent war has now begun and it will soon ignite the fires that will lead to the holy crusade of the Orcs. However, the real danger lies somewhere else. A powerful force churns silently - weaving a secret plot of fear and destruction. In the end one of the Two Worlds will remain.
The story starts shortly after the dwarven discovery when the Dwarven Mining Guild suffers an assassination of one of it's' most prominent members. A seasoned band of bounty hunters, among them the young hero and his sister, travels through Thalamont Mountains to the dwarven mining town of Tharbakin far to the north. When they decide to stop for a night in the secluded old mining settlement they are unaware that no human skill or weapon can protect them from the horrors which lurk in the seemingly calm valley.
The four mercenaries enter the valley's gates, but only one of them is destined to leave through them alive. A horrific ordeal awaits them - with the lone survivor rescued from certain death by a mysterious mage. Now separated from his sister, the young hero will begin his own crusade to take revenge on those who set the deadly trap that killed his fellow mercenaries. He enters onto a path of war against a mysterious power that, in the end, he must understand if he wants to survive. And, more importantly, he must learn the answers to all the burning questions that now lay in front of him.
Will he learn the nature of a shadowy figure that almost killed him in the town?
Will he learn what happened to his friends?
Will he ever meet his sister again?
Finally, what will he do with the power to choose only one from the Two Worlds?
- Offering a freedom of choice unseen in other Role Playing Games. The world literally comes to life as it immediately reacts to the player's actions and changes accordingly -offering new and exciting challenges.
- Strong, non-linear storyline. Players can shape their own story by choosing the path of conducting the main conflict and resolving meaningful side-quests.
- Spectacular and dynamically choreographed fights. The combat system combines intuitive steering, tactical challenges and movie-like visual experiences.
- Free and unlimited character development. Players can experiment with different careers and even reverse their former choices with the help of "career changers".
- Animals to be ridden on. Players can travel and fight on various animals from horses to tamed lizards and beasts.
- A choice of traps and snares are at the Player's disposal making the gameplay both rich and flexible.
- Huge variety of items to be found. Randomly generated pieces of equipment, thematic sets and combined items offer the space to experiment and satisfy the need to collect.
- Wide range of beautifully rendered terrains: from high mountains to seashores and deep caves with all of the locations featuring ultra sharp texturing and stunning design.
- Hyper-realistic tree physics and sophisticated weather system make the world come to life as has never been seen before.
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence that manages group behaviour of large virtual communities.
- Up to 8 players in the multiplayer mode.
- Symphonic music to make the experience more emotional and memorable.
- Extensive usage of Pixel Shader 2.0 and 3.0, HDR, multiple materials and unique shadow engine to ensure the best visuals possible.
- Support of Multi CPUs and Multicore CPUs, SLI and CrossFire Technology