Joined: May 05, 2013 Posts: 57 Location: eastwick XP: 16,734
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:49 pm Post subject: how to root Galaxy Prevail running Android 2.3.6
I. Before You Begin
1. This procedure roots your device by flashing a prerooted ROM, which means you will most definitely lose all your data; so back up what’s important before you proceed.
2. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you proceed; if you aren’t sure, download the package in the next section and run SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86.exe from it before you proceed.
II. Necessary Downloads
SPHM820_FE16_ROOT_CWM.zip (Prerooted ROM with ClockworkMod Recovery).
III. Rooting the Galaxy Prevail
1. Put your device into Download mode. To do this, with your device powered down, press and hold the Camera, Volume Down and Power buttons until you “Downloading” on your device’s display.
2. Connect your device to your Windows PC.
3. Extract the FF19_ROOTED.zip you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on odin Multi_Downloader_v4.43.exe to run it.
5. Load files from the extracted folder on to Odin by clicking on the relevant buttons as you see in the screenshot below.
6.Click start let it go by itself trust me it works i did mines
7.Now you rooted and have cwm pick up a rom for it
8.when everything is done you like it
Roms for this phone only
this is a great example on what is root thanks to xda and android central we put it together never use androidforums.com they have wrong guides to brick your phone so if you patient and reading and you want to learn what is root about post here all i ask respect me and the thread is nosuch thing as a hack on android is call root and unlock your device
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum