HQ NETWORKXbox One | Xbox | InstallerDeluxe.Com 2,061 HQ Network UsersHQ Network: 2,061 | Members OnlineGuests: 725 |Guests OnlineMembers: 1

Xbox 360 Forums
Get involved in our Xbox 360 forum discussions..
Microsoft Xbox design lab
360-HQ.COM :: How Long Will Microsoft Take To Fix My 360???
How Long Will Microsoft Take To Fix My 360???
360-HQ.COM Forum Index -> Xbox 360 General Hardware/Technical Chat
Post new topic Reply to topic  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
 How Long Will Microsoft Take To Fix My 360??? View previous topic :: View next topic  
 
 
 
 
PorscheXboxster
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member





Joined: Apr 21, 2004
Posts: 1067
Location: Virginia, USA
XP: 0

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:21 am   
Post subject: How Long Will Microsoft Take To Fix My 360???
Reply with quote
 
Well, as some of you already know, my 360 started locking up, in and out of games... couldn't keep it going for more than about 2 minutes.

Fortunately, somehow my 360's 3 month warranty is still valid (a release-day purchase... go figure!).

I've been tracking its progress and it should arrive at its destination in Mcallen, TX tomorrow.

What's YOUR guess on how long until I receive it back?

I'm guessing 2 weeks.

_________________________________________________________
The World's Most Awesome Xbox 360 Room
[X X X X X X . . . .]% complete

-----------------------------------------

Xbox 360 x 2
V1.0???
---
Xbox v1.4 Halo
X2.3Blite
4981.06
---
Xbox v1.4 Non-Halo
X2.3B
4983.06


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
rs6_n2o
360-HQ Genius





Joined: Sep 12, 2004
Posts: 1776
Location: earth
XP: 0

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:08 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
15 years lol i have no idea
_________________________________________________________
XBOX
Xenium ICE
120 gig hdd
clear jewel with round cathode
cathode under the front of the xbox

XBOX360
Painted Black
Blue Ring of Light
Black Wireless Controller with Blue LEDs

XBOX360
stock

PS3
stock


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
 
 
 
 
sjohn
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Oct 16, 2004
Posts: 1472
Location: Alabama
XP: 45,042

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:58 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Hey guys, sorry for not being around as much as I was, new job, moving, a few things going on like my laptop powercord breaking in the process. I got a new cord, and I should be able to be on more real soon.

Anyways if it is already shipped out on a carrier such as UPS or FedEx, you shouldn't have to wait more than a week.

_________________________________________________________


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
yoshie1
V.I.P. Lifetime





Joined: Dec 26, 2004
Posts: 958
Location: Akron, Ohio
XP: 182

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:06 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
When I did that I sent mine on Monday and recieved another back on Thursday. It wasn't my same one and the one I recieved back was a little scratched but I didn't care because it actually works. So anyways, the answer to your question depends on if they are going to be fixing your unit or just sending you a refurbished unit like they did for me. Later.
_________________________________________________________
Xbox V1.6
Xenium ICE White
EvoX M8+ 16 137+
EvoX 3935
Maxtor 300GB



View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
 
 
 
 
PorscheXboxster
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member





Joined: Apr 21, 2004
Posts: 1067
Location: Virginia, USA
XP: 0

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:49 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
yoshie1 wrote:
When I did that I sent mine on Monday and recieved another back on Thursday. It wasn't my same one and the one I recieved back was a little scratched but I didn't care because it actually works. So anyways, the answer to your question depends on if they are going to be fixing your unit or just sending you a refurbished unit like they did for me. Later.


I was wondering whether they'd send a new 360, refurbed 360, or my 360 repaired. I enclosed a note explaining that the DVD drive seemed "iffy" and that I'd appreciate it if they'd replace it with an HD-DVD drive.

_________________________________________________________
The World's Most Awesome Xbox 360 Room
[X X X X X X . . . .]% complete

-----------------------------------------

Xbox 360 x 2
V1.0???
---
Xbox v1.4 Halo
X2.3Blite
4981.06
---
Xbox v1.4 Non-Halo
X2.3B
4983.06


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
bladzalot
360-HQ Member
360-HQ Member





Joined: Nov 29, 2005
Posts: 67
Location: Colorado
XP: 0

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 pm   
Post subject: Not to endorse "Shady" activity, but...
Reply with quote
 
Hey Kids,

Go to best buy, walmart, target, or wherever you can find your local 360 distributor with one actually in stock, and follow the steps below...

1. Purchase a new 360
2. Carefully slide 360 out of box
3. Carefully unwrap the new 360
4. Replace old 360 with new 360
5. Re-package the old 360 in new 360 box
6. Return to store to get full refund

This will bypass any hassles you have with Microsnatch with repairing your 360, with the same results. On the grander scale the store returns the 360 to Microsnatch for a new one, nobody is the wiser...

Just so you know, the only store to date that even makes an effort to check serials, etc... FRYS ELECTRONICS

If you think that paying $400+ for a buggy console is worth your hard earned cash just for it to break, then send it to Microsnatch and wait patiently. If you think that your $400+ hard earned dollars should be rewarded with a hassle free console that deserves your praise, then you should have no moral issues following these simple instructions...


View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
PorscheXboxster
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member





Joined: Apr 21, 2004
Posts: 1067
Location: Virginia, USA
XP: 0

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:21 pm   
Post subject: Re: Not to endorse "Shady" activity, but...
Reply with quote
 
bladzalot wrote:
Hey Kids,

Go to best buy, walmart, target, or wherever you can find your local 360 distributor with one actually in stock, and follow the steps below...

1. Purchase a new 360
2. Carefully slide 360 out of box
3. Carefully unwrap the new 360
4. Replace old 360 with new 360
5. Re-package the old 360 in new 360 box
6. Return to store to get full refund

This will bypass any hassles you have with Microsnatch with repairing your 360, with the same results. On the grander scale the store returns the 360 to Microsnatch for a new one, nobody is the wiser...

Just so you know, the only store to date that even makes an effort to check serials, etc... FRYS ELECTRONICS

If you think that paying $400+ for a buggy console is worth your hard earned cash just for it to break, then send it to Microsnatch and wait patiently. If you think that your $400+ hard earned dollars should be rewarded with a hassle free console that deserves your praise, then you should have no moral issues following these simple instructions...



I tried something similar to this with a Gamecube (recently purchased with a defective accesory). ABOUT TWO YEARS, A WALMART IN EAST BUFU WEST VIRGINIA CHECKED THE FREAKIN' SERIAL NO., CALLED SOMEONE ON THE PHONE (OUTSIDE THE STORE) AND GAVE THEM THE SERIAL NO., AND WROTE THE SERIAL NO. DOWN IN A LOG BOOK... THEY ALSO REQUIRED A PHOTO ID AND RECORDED WHO RETURNED IT. This totally freaked me, because I nearly decided to return the older console, but for some reason, at the last minute, I decided to just exchange the accessories.

This is really a cheesy way of doing things, but my moralization was basically the same as yours. I paid out good money for shoddy equipment, so I decided to exact a little revenge!

_________________________________________________________
The World's Most Awesome Xbox 360 Room
[X X X X X X . . . .]% complete

-----------------------------------------

Xbox 360 x 2
V1.0???
---
Xbox v1.4 Halo
X2.3Blite
4981.06
---
Xbox v1.4 Non-Halo
X2.3B
4983.06


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
rs6_n2o
360-HQ Genius





Joined: Sep 12, 2004
Posts: 1776
Location: earth
XP: 0

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:14 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
yea some places do that. playstation 2 boxes have a hole in them so they can scan the barcode on the ps2 and check if its the same one. i think the 360 box has it too but idk. o well.
_________________________________________________________
XBOX
Xenium ICE
120 gig hdd
clear jewel with round cathode
cathode under the front of the xbox

XBOX360
Painted Black
Blue Ring of Light
Black Wireless Controller with Blue LEDs

XBOX360
stock

PS3
stock


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
 
 
 
 
PorscheXboxster
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member





Joined: Apr 21, 2004
Posts: 1067
Location: Virginia, USA
XP: 0

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:20 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
rs6_n2o wrote:
yea some places do that. playstation 2 boxes have a hole in them so they can scan the barcode on the ps2 and check if its the same one. i think the 360 box has it too but idk. o well.


Well, the GameCube had that same cut-out in the box, so some places definitely do scan the serial number... I think the serial number was listed on the Walmart receipt.

_________________________________________________________
The World's Most Awesome Xbox 360 Room
[X X X X X X . . . .]% complete

-----------------------------------------

Xbox 360 x 2
V1.0???
---
Xbox v1.4 Halo
X2.3Blite
4981.06
---
Xbox v1.4 Non-Halo
X2.3B
4983.06


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
PorscheXboxster
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member





Joined: Apr 21, 2004
Posts: 1067
Location: Virginia, USA
XP: 0

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:27 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
FWIW, My 360 was delivered to its destination in Mcallen, TX at 10:25AM local time (CST?) on 7-20-6.

Know of anyone else who has had to send their 360 back to Microsoft for warranty repair??? Am I the first on 360-HQ?

_________________________________________________________
The World's Most Awesome Xbox 360 Room
[X X X X X X . . . .]% complete

-----------------------------------------

Xbox 360 x 2
V1.0???
---
Xbox v1.4 Halo
X2.3Blite
4981.06
---
Xbox v1.4 Non-Halo
X2.3B
4983.06


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
Display posts from previous:   
  Post new topic  
 
  Reply to topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next |
 All times are GMT | Page 1 of 3
Jump to:  
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
 

Microsoft