HQ NETWORKXbox One | Xbox | InstallerDeluxe.Com 1,735 HQ Network UsersHQ Network: 1,735 | Members OnlineGuests: 328 |Guests OnlineMembers: 0

Xbox 360 Forums
Get involved in our Xbox 360 forum discussions..
Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
360-HQ.COM :: Open tray error work-around
Open tray error work-around
360-HQ.COM Forum Index -> Xbox 360 Tutorials
Post new topic Reply to topic  Goto page 1, 2  Next  
 Open tray error work-around View previous topic :: View next topic  
 
 
 
 
was this post helpfull or should i just shut up?
thanks for the info!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
STFU moron!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Monster-Man
360-HQ User
360-HQ User




Joined: Dec 27, 2011
Posts: 19
Location: Manchester,NH
XP: 5,132

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:45 pm   
Post subject: Open tray error work-around
Reply with quote
 
If you insert a disc into your xbox and it says open tray every time this is what to do till you can repair it or replace it.

1) place xbox on its side (slim or fat) [-- *]
2) insert your game of choice into the disc tray and close tray

3) slap the top of the xbox towards the back of the disc drive and close to the xbox logo while the disc is being read. slap hard and fast it may take a lil bit to get it but with practice it will work every time if it says reading for 5-6 seconds it worked



I have heard people say the vibrating from slaping can cause the rrod after months of useage like this. Mine worked like this for around 3 months till I sold it but in a pinch this will get you by

Also after the disc is plays as long as you dont eject it or power down your console you can just play the disc as usiual but will have to repeat steps 1-3 after console is powered down or disc is ejected


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
X_Splinter
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jul 03, 2004
Posts: 2385
Location: Portugal
XP: 368,740

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:12 am   
Post subject: Re: Open tray error work-around
Reply with quote
 
Monster-Man wrote:
If you insert a disc into your xbox and it says open tray every time this is what to do till you can repair it or replace it.

1) place xbox on its side (slim or fat) [-- *]
2) insert your game of choice into the disc tray and close tray

3) slap the top of the xbox towards the back of the disc drive and close to the xbox logo while the disc is being read. slap hard and fast it may take a lil bit to get it but with practice it will work every time if it says reading for 5-6 seconds it worked



I have heard people say the vibrating from slaping can cause the rrod after months of useage like this. Mine worked like this for around 3 months till I sold it but in a pinch this will get you by

Also after the disc is plays as long as you dont eject it or power down your console you can just play the disc as usiual but will have to repeat steps 1-3 after console is powered down or disc is ejected


Hey mate, smacking every time you wanna use it only works with women. Cool
Beating up a console... it may work temporarily but you will end up damaging it

_________________________________________________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
Monster-Man
360-HQ User
360-HQ User




Joined: Dec 27, 2011
Posts: 19
Location: Manchester,NH
XP: 5,132

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:21 pm   
Post subject: Re: Open tray error work-around
Reply with quote
 
X_Splinter wrote:
Monster-Man wrote:
If you insert a disc into your xbox and it says open tray every time this is what to do till you can repair it or replace it.

1) place xbox on its side (slim or fat) [-- *]
2) insert your game of choice into the disc tray and close tray

3) slap the top of the xbox towards the back of the disc drive and close to the xbox logo while the disc is being read. slap hard and fast it may take a lil bit to get it but with practice it will work every time if it says reading for 5-6 seconds it worked



I have heard people say the vibrating from slaping can cause the rrod after months of useage like this. Mine worked like this for around 3 months till I sold it but in a pinch this will get you by

Also after the disc is plays as long as you dont eject it or power down your console you can just play the disc as usiual but will have to repeat steps 1-3 after console is powered down or disc is ejected


Hey mate, smacking every time you wanna use it only works with women. Cool
Beating up a console... it may work temporarily but you will end up damaging it



I know there was a bit in there about damage but like I said 3 months and no issues you can leave the console on for as long as you like provided your not worried about the RROD besides this is more or less for the xbox junky who just needs a fix plus the thing is already broken
Thanks for the reply


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
Rebelcharm
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 1373
Location: TX
XP: 7,062

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:56 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Well considering most of us are used to smacking something this shouldnt be to much work. LOL sorry had to be said! Twisted Evil
_________________________________________________________


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
 
 
 
 
Monster-Man
360-HQ User
360-HQ User




Joined: Dec 27, 2011
Posts: 19
Location: Manchester,NH
XP: 5,132

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:25 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Rebelcharm wrote:
Well considering most of us are used to smacking something this shouldnt be to much work. LOL sorry had to be said! Twisted Evil



Yeah its fairly simple and a hell of alot more convient than waiting for and paying microsoft they wanted 120 bucks to "fix" the wireless card in my xbox when I only paid 110 for the console needless to say i fixed it myself that tuts coming soon since Ive never heard of or seen one like it


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
X_Splinter
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jul 03, 2004
Posts: 2385
Location: Portugal
XP: 368,740

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:58 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Rebelcharm wrote:
Well considering most of us are used to smacking something this shouldnt be to much work. LOL sorry had to be said! Twisted Evil


Like I said, I think is best to kept the smacking to girls... Rolling Eyes

_________________________________________________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
Monster-Man
360-HQ User
360-HQ User




Joined: Dec 27, 2011
Posts: 19
Location: Manchester,NH
XP: 5,132

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:52 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
X_Splinter wrote:
Rebelcharm wrote:
Well considering most of us are used to smacking something this shouldnt be to much work. LOL sorry had to be said! Twisted Evil


Like I said, I think is best to kept the smacking to girls... Rolling Eyes


Its kinda funny you guys keep sayn that. My wife likes to be choked and slaped around in bed (true story!)


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
X_Splinter
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jul 03, 2004
Posts: 2385
Location: Portugal
XP: 368,740

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:03 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Monster-Man wrote:

Its kinda funny you guys keep sayn that. My wife likes to be choked and slaped around in bed (true story!)


Yah, We kept saying it because it's true and you just confirm it.

BTW Welcome to the HQ-Network

_________________________________________________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
Monster-Man
360-HQ User
360-HQ User




Joined: Dec 27, 2011
Posts: 19
Location: Manchester,NH
XP: 5,132

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:13 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
X_Splinter wrote:
Monster-Man wrote:

Its kinda funny you guys keep sayn that. My wife likes to be choked and slaped around in bed (true story!)


Yah, We kept saying it because it's true and you just confirm it.

BTW Welcome to the HQ-Network


Thank you for the warm slap-happy welcome

any advice on where to start with modding my xbox i dont want to take it apart n stuff but are there any good soft mods there days?


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
itoktoeatfish
360-HQ Member
360-HQ Member




Joined: Sep 11, 2010
Posts: 77

XP: 13,970

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:27 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
There is a little belt inside the drive you can get to with the tray out (dont even have to open the xbox or void the warranty) take the belt off, clean it, reinstall. Usually fixes open tray error.


View user's profile Send private message
 
Display posts from previous:   
  Post new topic  
 
  Reply to topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next |
 All times are GMT | Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum