By now, we're sure Xbox 360 fans have heard some buzz about a big Summer event where Microsoft Japan will spill the miso about its plans for the 360 in the Japanese market. Today, we received final details on the event.
One item of concern for diehard racing game fans is whether the Xbox 360 will support "true" force feedback for peripherals such as racing wheels. Up to this point, Microsoft has been non-committal, neither confirming nor denying the feature.
' Xbox-Hq.Com now hosts the official support forum.. If you need any help at all please visit the Sunday Chip forums on Xbox-Hq.Com '
It’s with great pride that clevermod.com announces the release of it’s flag ship product ‘Sunday Chip’. Sunday chip combines affordability and innovation while rolling out a refined product that sets up easily for the weekend installers, daisy fresh noobs and mod chip experts alike. To accommodate everyone’s need’s Sunday chip’s PCB was designed for 2 styles of installs. The Base install retails for $10. The IR remote add on is an additional $12. Our aggressively affordable pricing combined with the real world features and clevermod reliability quickly push Sunday chip to the head of the pack even against more established chips with their loyal following. Our best features aren’t found anywhere else at any price because they are clevermod exclusives, not some rehashed clones.
Base Install Features:
* 512k SST flashrom (socketed plcc32) sets up as 2 x (256k) banks or 1 (512k) bank.
* Lattice high speed CPLD controls LPC comms, Life support, and banking.
* Life support system for multiple flash ROMs on the LPC (1.6) and reduces a 72ma load from the Xbox MCPX chip. Increases life expectancy on the 1.6 Xboxes.
* Shipped with customized legal flash bios 3 (2 versions) to boot and flash via HTTP, DVD-ROM or hard disk. Our flash bios can restore serial EEPROM’s on any machine, lock hard drives and with 2 versions it loads on all versions of the Xbox.
* CPLD banking means dual banks for 256k with recovery or 1 512k bank for X2-50xx.
* Live compatible from the front panel (Mod enable and disable).
* Sunday flash v1.2 XBE software for safe bios updating from the Xbox kernel featuring recovery.
* Flash bios 3 XBE’s for safe bios updating from a Linux kernel featuring Linux reliability.
* Supports all the bios features, LBA48, eject fix, IGR to alternate dash etc.
* It’s a reliable mod chip that boots on all versions consistently. Header pins and banking hardware included.
IR Add-on features:
* Custom PIC chip controller ‘through hole’ design for easy foot print population.
* IR receiver module compatible with 3.3v or 5v.
* Decoding PIC learns any key press from any Sony or Equivalent controller.
* Optional key chain and larger universal remotes are available.
* Adds these no touch IR remote features:
-Power on in MS bios mode (perfect for Xbox live).
-Power on in mod chip bios mode for homebrew hacking.
-Eject the tray (mod chip mode if powering on).
-Toggle banks (2 x 256k mode).
See a video demo of these features on the product page in related files at clevermod.com.
Clevermod is devoted to world class scene driven support and we back this up with a 30 page user’s guide, product videos and a devoted support forum.
Here’s an interesting tid-bit: Toshiba was showing off their Fall line-up the other day and demoed a HD-DVD that was being created in conjunction with Microsoft. This, of course, was well before the official Xbox software license announcement, but now attendees are starting to wonder if references to the device’s ability to download games and play them may be tied into the Xbox software deal.
Could Toshiba be working on a HD-DVD Xbox? It would certainly explain why Microsoft seems so willing to drop the original console like a bad habit, maybe they are making room for a new, fancier iteration of the original.
' The guys over at kikizo.com have an interesting video interview with Robbie Bach, Chief Xbox Officer, Home & Entertainment Division '
Extensive video interview with Xbox's top man, on many Xbox 360 topics, including "approachability", world-wide launch factors, the launch price, shortages, all aspects of the hardware, how Xbox strategy has indeed evolved, market leadership timeframe and Xbox in 15 years.
' Team Ninja (Dead or Alive) guru Tomonobu Itagaki talks about Xbox360 and also further confirms Microsoft will make a major announcement in Japan later this month '
"The Xbox 360 is said to be a machine that's easy to develop for, but that's because it has a good line-up of middleware and infrastructure. So it should be easy to create something that's up to a certain level [of quality]. But if you try to take advantage of the Xbox 360’s full hardware specs, you'll find out about the difficulty in programming for a multi-core machine," said Itagaki.