Rockstar Social Club Launches April 15, 2008Published by frozenfire1 on Friday, March 28, 2008
Tagged: Gaming, Xbox 360,
Rockstar's long running Grand Theft Auto Series, will be getting a Guitar Hero 3-like online tracking system called "Rockstar Social Club"
When Grand Theft Auto IV hits stores on April 29th, it will launch alongside another new Rockstar Games project: the Rockstar Social Club. Starting on April 15th, players can register for the online community at rockstargames.com/socialclub with their Xbox Live gamertag and/or PlayStation Network ID.
In addition to multiplayer leaderboards, the Rockstar Social Club will include the following features:
* LCPD Police Blotter - A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.
* The Story Gang - This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic's main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.
* The 100% Club - Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.
* The Hall of Fame -- This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.
* The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.
Additional features will be added to the website following the release of Grand Theft Auto IV, including competitions and challenges, and all future Rockstar releases are expected to take advantage of the online community.
Grand Theft Auto IV Releases April 29th 2008
News Source: 1up
Official "Rockstar Social Club" Site Link Here
360-Hq Game Database: Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360
( Subscribe via