Street Fighter II to finally hit XBLA today.Published by: sjohn on Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Tagged: Gaming, Live Arcade, Live Marketplace, Xbox 360, Xbox Live,
‘Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting’ punches its way into Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays on August 2
One of the most anticipated games of the summer, ‘Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting
’ hits Xbox Live Arcade today, Wednesday, August 2. The old-school classic from Capcom stays true to its roots with an amazing retro feel, and brings multiplayer action to the classic title for the first time. ‘Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting’ melds the best of retro arcade gaming with the preeminent next-gen features that only Xbox 360 and Xbox Live can offer.
As a true tribute to this critically acclaimed arcade fighting game, ‘Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting
’ delivers the game in original form but also includes all new content specifically designed for Xbox Live Arcade. High definition video resolution, Achievements, Leaderboards, and online multiplayer combat over Xbox Live including the all new innovative "Quarter Match" takes this classic franchise phenom to next generation levels.
‘Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting
’ comes packed with high-definition graphics, Xbox Live Achievements and Leaderboards plus online multiplayer matches providing endless hours of fun.
‘Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting’ offers:
* Online Multiplayer Mode
- The game has both Ranked matches and Player matches, including the 4-player Quarter Match option
* Quarter Match
- entirely new mode for Xbox Live Arcade which is a spectator-based system as a tribute to the arcade roots, allowing online competitors (2 competitors and up to 2 spectators) to use a “virtual quarter” to “buy into” heated two player matches
* Arcade Mode
- simulates the single-player experience where gamers must work their way through a ladder of opponents until they face off against the final boss
* Vs. Mode
- allows two friends to select characters and battle it out
* Fully customizable controls
- players can map attacks to any of the main buttons and have the choice to map all three punches and/or all three kicks to a single button which simplifies complex moves
* Comprehensive leaderboards
- tracks overall and monthly best players using a point based system as well as rankings based on who is the best using each game character and most consecutive winning streaks
- complete 12 challenging offline and online objectives and earn your Achievements
WHEN CAN I GET IT
: Download ‘Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting’ today, Wednesday, August 2, at 1am PST on Xbox Live Arcade.
HOW MUCH WILL I HAVE TO PAY:
800 Microsoft Points for the Full version; however, as with all Xbox Live Arcade Titles there will be a free trial version so you can try this game out.
For more information please visit Xbox.com
or hit the 360-HQ games database.