Published byforahobby on 2008-04-20 Category: Networking | Page Views: 18872
This tutorial will explain to you how to setup your computer to share its 56k dial-up modem connection to your xbox 360 console so you can download dashboard updates, game updates and other content.
- Windows ME, XP, Vista
- PC with dial-up connection working
- Ethernet Cable (RJ45) cable or CROSSOVER CABLE
- Xbox 360
Let's Get Started
1. First connect the Xbox 360 and the PC using the Ethernet cable.
2. Double Click your Dial-up Network connection and wait for it to connect.
3. Choose "Start Menu" and then choose "Settings" then "Control Panel".
4. Select "Network and Internet Connections".
5. Open the "Network Setup Wizard" and then press "Next".
6. On the next screen Ignore the checklist and press "Next" again.
7. Select "This Computer connects directly to the internet." and press "Next".
8. Now Select your dial-up internet connection as your default connection to the Internet and press "Next".
9. Select "Local Area Connection" as your private connection and leave all other areas untouched and click "Next".
10. On the Workgroup screen leave all settings alone and click the "Next" button.
11. On the next screen Turn on "File and Printer Sharing" if you want to share your files, mp3's, divx files with your xbox 360 and click "Next".
12. Now review the settings and click "Next" to apply the changes.
13. You do not need to run the Network Setup Wizard on any other pc's so just click "Next" and continue.
Now that the wizard has completed you may need to reboot your PC and dial your internet connection again.
Xbox 360 Setup
Now we have configured your PC to share its internet connection and files to your Xbox 360 we need to configure the Xbox 360.
1. Go to the "Xbox 360 Dashboard".
2. Select the "System" Blade.
3. Select the "Network Settings" Option
4. Now choose "Test Xbox LIVE Connection".
Your Xbox 360 will now attempt to contact your home network. It will check to make sure it can assign itself a IP ADDRESS from your PC and then it will also check DNS server information and XBOX LIVE.
If you need any further help please don't hesitate to contact us via our forums. Our members are here to help all our xbox 360 users get the most from their consoles. Enjoy the sites.