HQ NETWORKXbox One | Xbox | InstallerDeluxe.Com 1,118 HQ Network UsersHQ Network: 1,118 | Members OnlineGuests: 329 |Guests OnlineMembers: 1

Xbox 360 Forums
Get involved in our Xbox 360 forum discussions..
360-HQ.COM :: Halo Reach NTSC
Halo Reach NTSC
360-HQ.COM Forum Index -> Xbox 360 General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic    
 Halo Reach NTSC View previous topic :: View next topic  
 
 
 
 
disneyvilla
360-HQ Enthusiast
360-HQ Enthusiast





Joined: Mar 02, 2006
Posts: 24

XP: 0

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:41 pm   
Post subject: Halo Reach NTSC
Reply with quote
 
A relative has just returned from china and bought back Halo Reach NTSC, but didn't realise it would not work on PAL. Sad
Is there a way to get it to work?

Thanks

Steve


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
LegendaryFire
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Posts: 840
Location: Canada
XP: 55,922

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:51 pm   
Post subject: Re: Halo Reach NTSC
Reply with quote
 
disneyvilla wrote:
A relative has just returned from china and bought back Halo Reach NTSC, but didn't realise it would not work on PAL. Sad
Is there a way to get it to work?

Thanks

Steve


No theres not! If you had a modified DVD Drive that could play backup games. Then you could modify the game to be PAL or region free. But otherwize nope!

_________________________________________________________


You can contact me at: LegendaryFire -at- 360-HQ.com


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
disneyvilla
360-HQ Enthusiast
360-HQ Enthusiast





Joined: Mar 02, 2006
Posts: 24

XP: 0

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:32 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Is the modified DVD drive a software mod or a new piece of hardware.
I looked through the tutorials and found a link for "DVD Decrypter Xbox 360 Burning Tutorial" but it looks as though this creates back up of your own discs and not modifies the DVD drive.

Is there a tut for "how to mod the DVD Drive"


Steve


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
forahobby
Administrator
Administrator




Joined: May 22, 2003
Posts: 23683
Location: NSW, Australia
XP: 1,738,188

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:04 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
disneyvilla wrote:
Is the modified DVD drive a software mod or a new piece of hardware.
I looked through the tutorials and found a link for "DVD Decrypter Xbox 360 Burning Tutorial" but it looks as though this creates back up of your own discs and not modifies the DVD drive.

Is there a tut for "how to mod the DVD Drive"


Steve


Hi Steve,

The DVD Decrypter tutorial your talking about is for burning your backup's once you have already made a .iso file.

A DVDROM firmware mod will NOT allow you to change the region and will not fix your problem. You will need to look into what is called JTAG. Once you have JTAGGED your console you can install homebrew software and access the NAND so you can change region settings.

Correct Legendary_Fire? lol

_________________________________________________________
HQ Network:
www.xbox-hq.com | www.xboxone-hq.com | www.360-hq.com | www.c64-hq.com


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
LegendaryFire
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Posts: 840
Location: Canada
XP: 55,922

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:16 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
forahobby wrote:
disneyvilla wrote:
Is the modified DVD drive a software mod or a new piece of hardware.
I looked through the tutorials and found a link for "DVD Decrypter Xbox 360 Burning Tutorial" but it looks as though this creates back up of your own discs and not modifies the DVD drive.

Is there a tut for "how to mod the DVD Drive"


Steve


Hi Steve,

The DVD Decrypter tutorial your talking about is for burning your backup's once you have already made a .iso file.

A DVDROM firmware mod will NOT allow you to change the region and will not fix your problem. You will need to look into what is called JTAG. Once you have JTAGGED your console you can install homebrew software and access the NAND so you can change region settings.

Correct Legendary_Fire? lol


Only if it is a Xenon Motherboard. But what I am saying is you could modify the ISO to PAL or Region Free, which only requires the game ISO and the DVD Firmware modification.

_________________________________________________________


You can contact me at: LegendaryFire -at- 360-HQ.com


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
itoktoeatfish
360-HQ Member
360-HQ Member




Joined: Sep 11, 2010
Posts: 77

XP: 13,956

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:22 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Are you saying only Xenon MB can have thier region changed or that Xenon are the only ones able to be jtagged? I would have to disagree with the later.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
forahobby
Administrator
Administrator




Joined: May 22, 2003
Posts: 23683
Location: NSW, Australia
XP: 1,738,188

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
LegendaryFire wrote:

Only if it is a Xenon Motherboard. But what I am saying is you could modify the ISO to PAL or Region Free, which only requires the game ISO and the DVD Firmware modification.


Oh really?? do you mean firmware modded because I'm pretty dam sure that flashing your dvdrom firmware doesnt support region changes. But, hey i could be wrong, its been nearly 12 months since i did a firmware mod.

I was under the impression region changes could only be made if you have access to the NAND?

oh well, just trying to help.. feel free to shoot me down in flames everyone.. hahahh

_________________________________________________________
HQ Network:
www.xbox-hq.com | www.xboxone-hq.com | www.360-hq.com | www.c64-hq.com


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
Display posts from previous:   
  Post new topic  
 
  Reply to topic  
|
 All times are GMT | Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
 

 Members Online (1) / Guests Online (329)
Members Browsing
LemuelFinn,

Legend
Administrator  Moderator  VIP Member  Registered User  Banned Users