HQ NETWORKXbox One | Xbox | InstallerDeluxe.Com 1,930 HQ Network UsersHQ Network: 1,930 | Members OnlineGuests: 856 |Guests OnlineMembers: 3

Xbox 360 Forums
Get involved in our Xbox 360 forum discussions..
360-HQ.COM :: Any new Mame versions for Xbox 360?
Any new Mame versions for Xbox 360?
360-HQ.COM Forum Index -> Xbox 360 Emulator Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic    
 Any new Mame versions for Xbox 360? View previous topic :: View next topic  
 
 
 
 
RVN180
360-HQ User
360-HQ User





Joined: Nov 06, 2018
Posts: 12

XP: 1,636

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:10 am   
Post subject: Any new Mame versions for Xbox 360?
Reply with quote
 
Hello good people of 360-Hq!

First off, I would like to say that this website is GOLD MINE of information for Xbox 360! (Noob here)

So, on to my question: Is there a new version of Mame for xbox 360? I have RGH console and have put in a bunch of emulators which works fine. However, there is this one game (Fighter's History by Data East) that I have been trying to play in the emulators that I have in my console - needless to say, none of them worked.

I have tried patching the rom into different rom versions (0.78, 0.112, etc.) but all efforts just made the game crash. The rom works fine using Mame .158 which I have in my pc but I would really love to play it using my modded xbox.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. And apologies if this has been posted somewhere else in the forum (tried searching but didn't find any).

P.S. I also tried using FBANext360 but it wouldn't recognise the rom. Any help regarding converting rom files to be playable in FBANext 360 is also appreciated.

Thank you very much.

RVN


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
DOA666
V.I.P. Lifetime




Joined: Apr 15, 2005
Posts: 613
Location: Newcastle, Australia
XP: 506,059

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:13 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
There are only 2 MAME emulators for the Xbox 360. (MAME and MAME360) Which version are you running? I've left more details below..

MAME for Xbox 360:
MAME-0.72-Release-2
MAME-0.72-V1.0

MAME360 for Xbox 360:
MAME360 For Retail Dash
MAME360

Where to download MAME Emulator for Xbox 360:
http://www.360-hq.com/downloads-cat41.html

_________________________________________________________


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
RVN180
360-HQ User
360-HQ User





Joined: Nov 06, 2018
Posts: 12

XP: 1,636

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:55 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
DOA666 wrote:
There are only 2 MAME emulators for the Xbox 360. (MAME and MAME360) Which version are you running? I've left more details below..

MAME for Xbox 360:
MAME-0.72-Release-2
MAME-0.72-V1.0

MAME360 for Xbox 360:
MAME360 For Retail Dash
MAME360

Where to download MAME Emulator for Xbox 360:
http://www.360-hq.com/downloads-cat41.html


Hi DOA666-

I have both in my modded xbox360 but none of them would play the game. I tried patching the rom to suit but the game just crashed. The game played fine in my pc, so I am led to believe it is the mame version that's the issue.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
DOA666
V.I.P. Lifetime




Joined: Apr 15, 2005
Posts: 613
Location: Newcastle, Australia
XP: 506,059

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:40 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
RVN180 wrote:
DOA666 wrote:
There are only 2 MAME emulators for the Xbox 360. (MAME and MAME360) Which version are you running? I've left more details below..

MAME for Xbox 360:
MAME-0.72-Release-2
MAME-0.72-V1.0

MAME360 for Xbox 360:
MAME360 For Retail Dash
MAME360

Where to download MAME Emulator for Xbox 360:
http://www.360-hq.com/downloads-cat41.html


Hi DOA666-

I have both in my modded xbox360 but none of them would play the game. I tried patching the rom to suit but the game just crashed. The game played fine in my pc, so I am led to believe it is the mame version that's the issue.


More than likely I think that you'll find that there are several games that won't run but they will run just fine using the PC version. Sorry I can't offer any further advice. Maybe another member might see this thread and make a reply.

If you have happen to own an Xbox One, make sure you check out XBOXONE-HQ.COM (You can login using the same user/pass). There are a whole bunch of Xbox One emulators and tutorials on how to install them in DEV MODE.

_________________________________________________________


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
RVN180
360-HQ User
360-HQ User





Joined: Nov 06, 2018
Posts: 12

XP: 1,636

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:49 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
DOA666 wrote:
RVN180 wrote:
DOA666 wrote:
There are only 2 MAME emulators for the Xbox 360. (MAME and MAME360) Which version are you running? I've left more details below..

MAME for Xbox 360:
MAME-0.72-Release-2
MAME-0.72-V1.0

MAME360 for Xbox 360:
MAME360 For Retail Dash
MAME360

Where to download MAME Emulator for Xbox 360:
http://www.360-hq.com/downloads-cat41.html


Hi DOA666-

I have both in my modded xbox360 but none of them would play the game. I tried patching the rom to suit but the game just crashed. The game played fine in my pc, so I am led to believe it is the mame version that's the issue.


More than likely I think that you'll find that there are several games that won't run but they will run just fine using the PC version. Sorry I can't offer any further advice. Maybe another member might see this thread and make a reply.

If you have happen to own an Xbox One, make sure you check out XBOXONE-HQ.COM (You can login using the same user/pass). There are a whole bunch of Xbox One emulators and tutorials on how to install them in DEV MODE.


Cheers, DOA666! Yes, hopefully another member could offer some advice. I noticed that there's a thread re mame 146 or something however it is only accessible to VIP members. If it is a mame version that would work in my modded xbox and could play the game I might go for a vip access. I hope someone would be able to confirm this.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
forahobby
Administrator
Administrator




Joined: May 22, 2003
Posts: 23400
Location: NSW, Australia
XP: 1,333,760

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:42 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Hi RVN180 and welcome to the site. If you're looking for the complete set of emulators for Xbox 360 JTAG, we have them all available on our PRIVATE VIP FTP SERVER.

You can learn more about becoming a VIP here:
https://www.xbox-hq.com/html/modules.php?name=VIP_Signup

Existing VIP members can gain access to the VIP FTP via this page:
https://www.xbox-hq.com/html/modules.php?name=VIP_Servers

As DOA mentioned, you can login on all HQ network website using the same user/pass. I hope you find the place useful. Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________
HQ Network:
www.xbox-hq.com | www.xboxone-hq.com | www.360-hq.com


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
RVN180
360-HQ User
360-HQ User





Joined: Nov 06, 2018
Posts: 12

XP: 1,636

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:43 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
forahobby wrote:
Hi RVN180 and welcome to the site. If you're looking for the complete set of emulators for Xbox 360 JTAG, we have them all available on our PRIVATE VIP FTP SERVER.

You can learn more about becoming a VIP here:
https://www.xbox-hq.com/html/modules.php?name=VIP_Signup

Existing VIP members can gain access to the VIP FTP via this page:
https://www.xbox-hq.com/html/modules.php?name=VIP_Servers

As DOA mentioned, you can login on all HQ network website using the same user/pass. I hope you find the place useful. Enjoy!


Thanks, Forahobby,

I am thinking of becoming a VIP member as I have tried everything that I could to get the game to work. Doesn't work with 0.72 and 0.112 mame for xbox360. Will try to patch the rom to the mame version as per the thread (forgot what version it was).


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
forahobby
Administrator
Administrator




Joined: May 22, 2003
Posts: 23400
Location: NSW, Australia
XP: 1,333,760

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Try RetroArch 360 if you haven't already. You can grab it from the VIP FTP. Let us know how you go as well.
_________________________________________________________
HQ Network:
www.xbox-hq.com | www.xboxone-hq.com | www.360-hq.com


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 
Display posts from previous:   
  Post new topic  
 
  Reply to topic  
|
 All times are GMT | Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
 

 Members Online (3) / Guests Online (856)
Members Browsing
Gale97D21, CarmeloXap, JLPGennie9,

Legend
Administrator  Moderator  VIP Member  Registered User  Banned Users