Category: Main/Xbox 360 System Updates/Fall 2008
Sort Downloads by: Title (A\D) Date (A\D) Rating (A\D) Popularity (A\D)
Resources currently sorted by: Title (A to Z)
| Fall 08 Xbox 360 Dashboard/System Update |
To create an update disc you need the following:
* A DVD or CD burner.
* A blank, writeable DVD or CD.
* The update file from Xbox.com.
This procedure involves burning the DVD or CD by using Microsoft Windows DVD or CD burning software. If you're using third-party CD/DVD writing software, follow the instructions for creating a data disc.
The same steps apply whether burning a CD or a DVD.
To create a DVD or CD:
1. Click here to begin downloading the update folder. Save it as "$SystemUpdate_Fall08.zip" anywhere on your computer.
2. Place a blank disc in your burner.
From Windows Explorer, select Open Writable CD Folder Using Windows Explorer or open the CD drive icon.
3. Open (double click) the zipped $SystemUpdate_ Fall08.zip folder and drag the contents of the zipped folder to the root of the CD Folder. If the CD write window doesn't open by default, drag and drop the folder onto the CD/DVD RW drive.
If you are using an earlier version of Windows you will need to open the file using a separate utility (for example, WinZip).
4. In the Explorer window, click Write files to CD from the CD writing tasks or right-click the CD/DVD RW drive and select Write these files to CD.
The update filename and folder structure must be intact for the update to run properly.
5. Follow the steps in the CD wizard.
When you are finished with the wizard, the CD will eject. Your CD is ready.
To update the console:
1. Place the CD in the Xbox 360 console.
2. Power cycle the Xbox 360 console.
3. The update program will start automatically. Select Yes, update now and press A.
4. Wait for the update to complete.
5. When the console reboots, you're done.
Version: Fall08 Filesize: 0 Bytes
Added on: 11-Dec-2008 Downloads: 27283
HomePage | Rate Resource
|Latest Xbox 360 Downloads||Popular Xbox 360 Downloads|
| Upcoming Games||