Preview: Lost Planet (E3 Demo)Published by xenokai on Monday, May 15, 2006
As people already know Capcom released a demo of this highly anticipated Sci-fi Action Shooter Lost Planet during E3, the demo weighs in at 305.39 MB and is available on the Xbox Live Marketplace. I’ve had a lot of hands on time with the demo and I must say it's coming together quite nicely.
The graphic detail in this game is some of most sharp and fluid you can find on the Xbox 360
to date, and for a demo it sure runs very smooth in the frame rate department. The demo showed off several weapons like a rocket launcher, shotgun, and a fully functional mech you can control. The demo levels showcased two levels and two boss characters, both of which featured a nice unique challenge that made me feel like I was playing a horror version of Zelda.
Taking full advantage of Xbox 360’s unprecedented power, Lost Planet
will contain an unrivalled level of detail as advanced light sourcing is used to ensure a realistic presentation. Enormous world maps unfold as players battle the menacing creatures during blistering weather conditions throughout vast snow fields and deserted cities on foot or with armed vehicles. Fostering a real-time loading system, players can expect a seamless experience that leaves them completely immersed. Multiplayer modes add to the value of Lost Planet by allowing gamers to partake in intense team battles via Xbox Live® online game service. Expanding the Lost Planet world beyond the home, the mobile phone edition will feature a storyline that complements Xbox 360’s version, downloadable content, multiplayer options and original gameplay mechanics.
With features like these......
• Frenetic action - Lost Planet is a fast-paced third-person shooter with all the depth, intrigue and intensity of a science fiction classic.
• Xbox Live enabled – An array of online gameplay possibilities await including:
o Downloadable content such as additional maps, missions and weapons
o Online multiplayer cooperative and versus battles
• Foot and vehicle based gameplay – Command highly powered armed vehicles and weapons not only to help players traverse the treacherous terrain, but to eliminate enemies that lie ahead. Or, strategically switch from vehicles, including transformable snow vessels, to on-foot gameplay as dictated by the situation
• Vast environments - Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering buildings and mountains of ice are all stunningly realized as battles occur above and below ground, creating a truly immersive and cinematic event of epic proportions
• A premier team of developers – The creators of the critically acclaimed Onimusha and Devil May Cry series have come together to create the expansive world of Lost Planet.
......there is no doubt that we have a hit on our hands.
Official Site of the Game
360-HQ Games Database
( Subscribe via