Gears of War 2 Title Update 4 Now Live!Published by HQM0NSTERB0Y on Saturday, July 04, 2009
Tagged: Gaming, Live Marketplace, Xbox 360, Xbox Live,
Gears 2 began with a rocky start but with continuous support from epic games they have been adding a lot to this game and making it better all the time, be sure to check it out
Releasing today the new title update for Gears of War 2 adds quite a bit to the game, including the highly anticipated ability to gain experience from playing horde. It adds fixes for many exploits and should make the game a lot better overall.
Gears of War 2, Dark Corners set to release July 28.
Not to mention with this new Title update adds 13 New achievements worth 325 points so be sure to check out the achievements linked at the bottom to check out the achievements (they are the 13 ones on the bottom). The 13 new achievements require the Dark Corners map pack which will release July 28 2009.
Be sure to check out the full list of fixes/features by clicking read more if you are on the 360-HQ homepage!
360-Hq Game Database
: Gears of War 2
360-Hq Achievement Database
: Gears of War 2
: Epic Games ForumsImprovements
Title Update 4 makes these new improvements:
• Adds the ability to collect multiplayer experience by playing Horde mode. Players currently gain experience at this rate:
o 50 points per completed Casual wave.
o 75 points per completed Normal wave.
o 100 points per completed Hardcore wave.
o 125 points per completed Insane wave.
• Adds the ability to restart Public Horde from the current failed wave instead of having to start over from wave 1. Title Update 4 also allows the host to kick players from a Public Horde session.
• Increases the frequency of downloadable content (DLC) maps showing up in map voting if all players have shared map packs.
• Adds a message at the end of the match to explain to players that they should wait before quitting so that they avoid an experience penalty for quitting early.
• Adds support for the new campaign chapter, "Road to Ruin."
Title Update 4 fixes these possible exploits, where under certain circumstances:
• A player could copy game progression data from one profile to another.
• A team could use the 50-point revive bonus to artificially increase its score in Horde. Going down but not out (DBNO) in Horde now subtracts 50 points, so there is no advantage to using the revive-bonus technique.
• A player could get 2 points for each kill in Wingman.
• A player could continue to shoot the Flamethrower while performing special movements like evading and mantling.
• A player could cause heavy weapons to spawn continuously while playing Horde.
Title Update 4 also fixes a number of lesser-known exploits.
Title Update 4 fixes these other issues as well:
• An issue that could cause players to lose all achievement progression if they signed in during a loading screen.
• Issues related to the Smoke Grenade causing a player to cringe instead of knocking them down. If hit by a Smoke Grenade with cringing turned on, players will now:
o Drop the Boomshield, even if aiming while carrying it.
o Drop a heavy weapon, even if it is deployed.
o Cringe while roadie running.
o Cringe while in cover.
• An issue that prevented players from shooting around the lower left side of a planted shield.
• An issue that could cause a DBNO player to not appear as DBNO.
• An issue that prevented Gears players from inviting players of other games to join them in progress in a Private match using DLC.
• Issues that caused rich presence information to become inaccurate.
• An issue that caused the overall achievements progress bar to not reflect the latest achievements.
• An assortment of localization bug fixes.
• Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.
Title Update 4 makes these balancing changes:
• Adds a 30-second delay in map-based weapon spawning at the beginning of a Wingman match.
• Adds more future server-side balancing options.
( Subscribe via