The popular mode from previous battlefield games is back! I know I will sure enjoy this change of pace
A brand new multiplayer mode is here, and it's free!
Content includes the traditional Battlefield multiplayer game mode, Conquest. Conquest focuses on the capture and control of flags; once a team captures a control point, its members can re-spawn in the area. When a team loses control of all their flags or control points, they cannot re-spawn.
Maintaining control over the flags on the battlefield is a key to victory and the ability to re-spawn troops close to the battlefront can make all the difference for that last offensive push. Four existing maps have been redesigned along with all new lighting and weather effects, to give players a great battlefield on which to play Conquest. Upon entering one of these maps, the U.S. ARMY will face off against either the Russian or Middle Eastern Coalition forces and the battle for control of the territory will begin.
Don't have a copy of BF:Bad Company yet? Better go out and get one now!
I'm sure you all turned on your 360 and got the update on the 6th and if you are wondering what it was or why it was there since it obviously did nothing to change your dash at all then i got your answer right here guys, it seems the update was just a small bit of ground work to prepare your 360 for future growth.
Major Nelson has reported the following to clear it all up for us: "A few minutes ago, the team released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE. Sometime over the next few hours when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you’ll recieve a prompt to accept this mandatory update. This update contains code to ‘prepare for future growth of the service.’ There are no other changes or enhancements in this update…in other words no new features."
"To be clear: This is not the new Xbox experience update. That will come in the Fall."
So to recap and beat the dead horse it was just some preparation for the fall update that will include such features as:
* Entertainment without limits: With LIVE Party, bring your favorite games, TV shows, movies, and pictures to life by sharing those experiences with friends, wherever they are around the world.
* Express yourself: With the new Xbox 360 experience, personalize your entertainment like never before. Create your own avatar, designed exclusively by Rare, and jump into a party with friends from around the world.
* "Must See TV" and more: The biggest names in entertainment worldwide, such as Netflix, NBC Universal, Universal Studios Home Entertainment, SCI FI Channel, USA Network, Constantin, and MGM are bringing their content to Xbox 360.
360 Degrees of Entertainment
The 2008 Xbox 360 entertainment lineup of games, movies and TV shows is its best and broadest ever. Whether for fans of action, role-playing, racing, sports, strategy, party, or action-adventure games, Xbox 360 has the biggest blockbusters and the most exclusive content in 2008 and beyond:
* The new game show: The new Xbox LIVE channel Xbox LIVE Primetime represents an all-new way to play. A collection of virtual game shows such as "1 vs. 100," Xbox LIVE Primetime allows thousands of gamers to become contestants from their living rooms, playing together simultaneously, live with content that is always fresh and relevant. The global phenomenon 1 vs. 100 is created by Endemol, the world's largest independent production company and the producer of the hit show Deal or No Deal.
* Blockbusters: Final Fantasy XIII will be available on Xbox 360 at launch in North America and Europe. Xbox 360 is the only place to play the year's biggest games, such as Gears of War® 2, Resident Evil 5, Fable® II, and exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV episodes.
* Music: Xbox 360 is the preferred stage for all the best music games, including Lips, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour and DanceDanceRevolution® UNIVERSE3.
* Family: Xbox 360 gets the whole family playing with titles such as Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts,Scene It? Box Office Smash and Viva Piñata®: Trouble in Paradise.
* Sports: Xbox 360 remains the best place to play sports titles, including leading franchises like Madden NFL, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, NBA Live, NHL 2K, and more.
* TV and movie entertainment: Xbox is home to the best TV and movie entertainment, including exclusive games such as You're in the Movies and 1 vs. 100, exclusive films and TV from Netflix, and the world's largest online library of on-demand high-definition TV shows and movies.
You are seeing the title right and the details will be landing on GameTrailers TV this Friday, Game Plasma is reporting this piece on it and since its short i got the full post here minus the details listed for other not so interesting episodes that are hitting.
The article reads as follows here: "This Friday at 1:00AM ET/PT TV viewers will be given a chance to see an interview with the person behind Niko Bellic's voice, Michael Hollick, where they will talk about the upcoming downloadable content for GTA IV. Michael won't be the only one interviewed. Expect to see interviews with Samuel L. Jackson about his role in the upcoming Afro Samurai game and Hugh Jackman about his role in the wolverine game."
I cant wait to see what the have for us and just hope its not more modes of the same Mutiplayer stuff, heres to the hope they find a way to make the online play feel less like random luck and more like skill.
Get first details on the gnarliest sequel ever. Plus, watch the debut trailer packed with gameplay footage:
Last year, EA Black Box flip kicked the skateboarding game genre and dethroned the longtime and formerly untouched leader, Activision's Tony Hawk franchise, with the simply titled Skate. The game's Flickit control mechanics and essentially completely open progression system brought it closer to the actual sport than any attempt before it.
The studio is now at work on the follow-up, Skate 2. While it's being hush-hush on some of the bigger elements of the game, like the online play, video recording and even the story progression, we were able to get a few answers from Scott Blackwood, executive producer on the title. Here's what he had to say:
If you are on the 360-Hq homepage click Read More to check out the full story!
I don't know if i was sleeping or just that out of it but i just saw this and cant believe my eyes, i have know idea what pushed Microsoft to do this but I'm sure it made the silver users eyes light up like Christmas lights and the only thing you got to keep in mind is it is limited and it will run out so use the hell out of it boys and girls.
So computerandvideogames.com is reporting the following: "Microsoft has confirmed reports that cross-platform Xbox 360 games are now free to play online for Xbox Live Silver members - but only for a "limited time."
Last week the platform holder scrapped its paid subscription set-up for Games for Windows Live, and since non-paying Silver Xbox 360 users have reported being able to play online on cross-platform games such as Lost Planet and Shadowrun.
According to a Microsoft spokesperson we spoke to this morning, the free service won't last.
"Last week we announced that we were taking off the Gold-only restriction for multiplayer gaming over Games for Windows- Live," a Microsoft spokesperson told CVG.
"For a limited time, we are offering free online multiplayer on Xbox 360/ Games for Windows titles that offer Live cross platform play. This promotion won't last, so we encourage everyone to take advantage of it while they can."
We find it a bit odd that if this is in fact a "promotion," as our MS person says, that the company hasn't publicized it at all. Sounds like a glitch in the system to us.
Even though its not the big news that Microsoft has put the hush hush on its still a little something for the fans to snack on till they can drop the big bomb so if you are a Halo fan here is whats on the snack menu till Bungie can get the main course to the table.
Bungie said "The Penny Arcade Expo is rapidly approaching and while some of our plans have changed, we are still planning some goodness for fans who plan to attend."
"We've been talking up PAX for a few weeks now, asking our fans to mark their calendars and prepare to be showered in Bungie Love as we hunker down in our booth amidst the craziness of the show floor. We're just over a month away from the magical weekend so it's worth reminding everyone that Bungie will be there and we would love to meet you at our booth."
"We'll be there in full force in booth #752, conveniently located right next to our friends from Rooster Teeth / Red vs. Blue. Visitors to our patch of real estate can expect to find some brand new Halo 3 multiplayer content, including chances for hands-on play (crowds permitting of course). Hardcore fans will also have an opportunity to compete in multiplayer matches against Luke and Shishka for a chance to win Recon armor. In addition, many members of our team will be on hand during the three days of the show to mingle, sign stuff, draw stuff and spread Bungie Love. Of course we also plan to make it rain with prizes and swag on a daily basis."
Now that they have put a little smoke out there to blind us from the big news I guess we can focus on the ne DLC and not the stuff Microsoft has hidden from us, Bungie did say: "For the record, we have no plans to make any big announcements or huge reveals at PAX this year. While we will have some Halo 3 multiplayer stuff for you to check out, this is not going to be the "big announcement" many of our fans are clamoring for. Rest assured that when the time is right, we will be making announcements and talking about the stuff we're currently working on. At the moment we do have three distinct projects underway within Bungie - some familiar, some not. Some on a closer horizon, some quite far off."
So hang in there Halo fans the Halo world will be expanding soon enough.