The Xbox PR team just realesaed some interesting data that I think some of you may find interesting. Check these numbers out!
- The Xbox Live Marketplace just passed 50 million downloads. That is double the 25 million mark from just three months ago.
- In the first week of Madden '07 releasing, Xbox Live members unlocked over 600,000 achievements and hosted more then 2-million hours of Madden gameplay.
- 'Texas Hold 'em' set a one day record as the fastest download item ever on the Marketplace. There were over 100 downloads a minute in the first 24-hours of release.
Other Xbox Live statistics:
- More than 50 million downloads of gaming and entertainment content from Xbox Live Marketplace to date
- Over 2 billion hours spent on Xbox Live by gamers across the globe since the launch of the Xbox Live online gaming network in November 2002
- More than 60 percent of Xbox 360 owners are connected to Xbox Live
- 1,300,000 text and voice messages are sent via Xbox Live every day. Currently totaling half a billion sent messages between the Xbox Live community per year, this figure is set to explode with the launch of the Xbox Live Vision camera on September 19, 2006 in the U.S.
- 65 per cent of all connected consoles already downloading and playing Xbox Live Arcade titles
- Over 8 million downloads of Xbox Live Arcade games following the launch of Xbox 360
- Over 2 billion Microsoft Points sold to date
Being patient might help you win a hand at poker, but it certainly won't help you get 'Texas Hold 'em' for free. All Xbox 360 gamers who log on to Xbox Live Marketplace between 1am Pacific Wednesday, August 23 through 1am Pacific Friday, August 25 can download 'Texas Hold 'em' for free.
'Texas Hold 'em' for Xbox Live Arcade simulates the real poker atmosphere and gameplay only found in competitive poker rooms around the world. Persistent Bankroll and lifelike graphics make this game a must-have for any poker fan. Play against the dealer or play online with or against your friends and turn every night into poker night.
'With high-definition graphics, Xbox Live Achievements and Leaderboards, the Xbox Live Arcade version of this all-time classic game provides hours of fun.
'Texas Hold 'em' includes:
* Persistent Bankroll
* Online multiplayer and tournaments
* Original music and sound effects
* High definition graphics
WHEN CAN I GET IT:
Download 'Texas Hold 'em' today, Wednesday, August 23, at 1am PST on Xbox Live Arcade.
'Texas Hold 'em': Free between 1am Pacific Wednesday, August 23 through 1am Pacific Friday, August 25. Beginning 1:01am Pacific Friday, August 25, the title is available for 800 Microsoft Points
Speaking at its GameFest event in Seattle, Microsoft has talked candidly about its Xbox Live service, specifically the Xbox Live Marketplace, which makes both free and premium content available for download for Xbox 360 users, and has been a notable success since launch.
Specifically, Microsoft's Marketplace Business Manager Rohan Oommen sketched out a detailed GameFest presentation on the Marketplace, which covered what has been accomplished since the service went live in November 2005 with the launch of the Xbox 360, as well as where Microsoft envisions it heading in the months to come.
Have you been waiting for Bomberman Act: Zero Trailer??
Well, wait no longer.
You can now download a trailer for "Bomberman Act: Zero" from the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Check it out now on your 360 or keep up-to-date in our Xbox Games area with all the info we can find for you all...
This content is not available in the following Xbox Live regions: Mexico, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore or Taiwan.
Capcom recently announced that Street Fighter II, which can be downloaded for 800 Microsoft Points, has become the fastest selling XBLA title to date. That's a whole lot of people whupping serious butt with Guile, Blanka, & Co. Here's the official quotes on the matter from Capcom:
"We are elated by the tremendous response Xbox Live users have given Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting as players around the world vie to be on top of the game’s numerous leaderboards,” said Charles Bellfield, vice president of marketing, Capcom Entertainment, Inc. “It'll be exciting to see who ranks number one on Xbox Live Arcade after the first weekend of gamers playing the greatest arcade title in history."
“The phenomenal response to Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting on Xbox Live Arcade comes as no surprise as this has been one of the most eagerly anticipated titles of the summer,” said Greg Canessa, Group Manager of Xbox Live Arcade, Microsoft. “We are thrilled that gamers everywhere are jumping into Xbox Live Arcade and enjoying the fantastic game play experiences this title and our platform has to offer.”